Amgen Associate Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amgen Associate Scientist Interview Questions

Updated Dec 14, 2017

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amgen in March 2016.

Interview

I had a telephone interview with the hiring manager. It took about 1 hour. The hiring manager was pretty nice. He asked me some general questions and my background on my resume. Later on, he asked me very specific questions about my research experience. After three weeks, I was invited to on-site interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amgen

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (South San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I had two or three phone screens before being offered an in-person interview. The day before the interview I had an area tour. Interview day was an onslaught of something like fifteen 30-minute unstructured interviews. Strangely, not everyone had met or even heard of the hiring manager. At least two people told me I was obviously a fit and told me why I should accept the offer they were sure I would get. A couple of days later I received an email saying that the director (who I had not yet met) was traveling in my city and wanted to meet me. I had to drop everything to meet them within about two or three hours. This interview was long (1-2 hours) and left me with mixed feelings. Eventually I received an offer. The company does have some good perks and they offered good relocation benefits. This wasn't enough, however, to overcome the fact that the offer itself was insulting. They dropped the title at the last minute and the salary was low even for the lowered title. We negotiated but the recruiter seemed like a used car salesman working against me. I ended up turning down the offer. I currently hold the title I originally applied for at another company with a salary 60% higher than Amgen's first offer.

Make sure you negotiate! The offers are low!

Associate Scientist Interview

Interview

It started with a phone interview which lasted about 30 minutes. They then said that they would contact me about and in person interview. They flew me out for the interview and were very gracious and nice. The HR was slow at getting the interview set up and in informing me on the decision for the position.

Interview Questions

• The questions were easier than expected. Cannot remember specifics.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amgen (Fremont, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

Interviewed with group Director and several peers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I simply asked for a salary that exceeded what they would likely offer, and received one of the highest salaries they offer for that position

Associate Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amgen in October 2010.

Interview

received a phone call from HR, had 30min phone interview with HR manager, followed by 45min phone interview with hiring manager. few days after, got a call for on-site interview starting at 9am, lasting all day (got done around 6pm). 30-45min 1:1 interview with scientists, included 1hr presentation (with video conference and web observation at other sites)

Interview Questions

• Tell me brief synopsis of all your publications   1 Answer

Negotiation

A month went by without any feedback. I had an offer at another company so I simply called HR to hurry up and make their decision.
    Salary they offered was $10K less than what I was making and HR was shocked that I made that much. HR wanted my offer letter from previous company, including W-2 and income statement to verify. They came back and matched my salary. (so dont lie about your salary, I heard one person's offer was retracted because of inflated salary information)