Amgen Biostatistics Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.7

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Biostatistics Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call about 1.5 weeks later from a statistician at Amgen to set up a phone screen, which was scheduled for the following week. I spoke with two different statisticians on the phone for ~30 minutes. The questions were mainly focused on my resume and the work that I had completed. At the end of the interview, I was told that they were conducting other phone screens and that I would hear back within a week regarding the onsite interview. After 1.5 weeks, I had not heard anything so I contacted them and was told the position has already been filled.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amgen

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

First I got a phone screen with the hiring manager and it's mentioned that they are bring me to an onsite interview. I had the onsite about 2 weeks after the phone screen. Had a lot of 1 : 1 sessions with potential coworkers. I gave a 45-minute presentation in the end. The feedback was positive. People were very nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit more on your dissertation project.   Answer Question
    • Some behavioral questions: what's your strength/weakness? What's your most significant accomplishment so fat?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

Phone interview
    Background: Ph.D candidate in Biostatistics.
    1. 0~15 min. I introduced my clinical trial background, mostly about the clinical trial course project.
    2. 15min ~ 25min. Discussion on programming, mainly SAS.
    3. 25min ~30 min. Interviewees said they cannot hire me since I do not have experiences with SAS MACRO programming. They need someone immediately working on SAS programming.

Biostatistics Manager Interview

Interview

online application, phone interview, onsite interview

Interview Questions

• How do you see the difference between academia and industry?   Answer Question