Amgen Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amgen Director Interview Questions

Interviews at Amgen

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

Spent the day in San Francisco at the Fremont site touring and meeting people. Flew to Thousand Oaks and spent the next day interviewing with six people including the CEO, a VP for HR, one Director and three Executive Directors (all one-on-one). Considering leaving the Navy to work for AMGEN; I expect an offer once/if I tell them I am interested.

Interview Questions

• Describe the worst mistake of your career and what you learned from it.   Answer Question
  • Describe circumstances where you failed and succeeded in an informal leadership role.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amgen

Anonymous Employee in Juncos, PR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Juncos, PR) in July 2009.

Interview

Very amicable, agreeable interview process. Company took great efforts to convince me to join even knowing I was very reluctant to make the move. Process was surprisingly quite informal and only required interviews with 2 people.

Interview Questions

• No really difficult questions were asked during interview. Company had already received good references and knew my capabilities and experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was very easy as company offered much higher salary and promises of career growth and opportunities.

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Came in for full day interview at the Thousand Oaks campus, met with 8 people for about 30-45 minutes each. There was a bit of a delay between when I interviewed and when the offer actually came (~4 weeks), since there was a change in the org structure (again!) during that period.

Interview Questions

• All the usual stuff... "tell me about how you manage people" / "what does good look like to you" / "why leave consulting?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amgen (Boston, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

quite interesting and easy to handle. Interviewed with 4 people. Questions were manageable and open ended.
    I don't agree with a limit on the number of words to the questions. This is a voluntary option and hence I should not feel as though I have to write more that I require. It is quite frustrating.
    Some how I can get out of this page. I guess then I am being forced to make up stuff which I am sure is not the intent but thats exactly how it comes across.
    hfhgfs asok aswoqw we kaj fff w w w qppirpew bbbshhja
    bfghgf fhhe pqpqp dgev p[[w fffgw 1 wee wee err w w qqq r rr r fff eee nBHJAB HEWHQ [P[E
    BSBJ DDD HIH IWEI OWPO JASJDGJ HYEIYI JOEOJ QPPOP NDBA HDI UHIUQ

Interview Questions

• why am i looking to come to amgen   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amgen (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Technical presentation, followed by one on one interviews. Met Hiring manager, potential future direct reports and the Sr. Staff. Primary focus was on technical skills, man management skills and cultural fit given the changing environment focused on lean management.

Interview Questions

• Questions primarily focused on man management skills and cultural fit   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

Only a phone Screen so far, now waiting to see if I get an in-person interview. So far, going well. Even in the phone screen, several behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Time when had to talk people into something they didn't want to do.   Answer Question