Amgen Distribution Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Distribution Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

The response was very quick between the recruiter and the manager. (~5 days between first contact and interview). Upon arriving for the interview, checked in with the receptionist and received a visitor's pass. Manager was late for interview, and didn't have time to reserve a conference room for our interview so we found an enclave and sat down. She was very thorough with explaining the company's philosophy and gave an extremely detailed job description. I was a little caught off guard because she did not ask me many questions regarding my experience. Just a brief look-over of my resume, and then left it up to me to ask questions. I asked a lot and managed to get a little more detailed about my experiences.
The interview only lasted about an hour - she actually had her gym bag with her and said that's where she was going afterwards. She was very friendly, and after my questions, we chatted for a view minutes about graduate school and the like.
I was not offered a job, but the recruiter said the manager had decided to hire from within the company. Also, I received the decision about 3 days after my interview.

Advice: I have another contact within Amgen, and he told me to look over their 9 points listed on their company website and to make reference to them whenever possible. (Be scientific, work in a team, etc.)
Get there about 30 minutes before your interview because they have a large campus, and you will need to find visitor parking and then check in with a pass with the receptionist.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked to me - I had to do all the asking.   1 Answer