Amgen Finance Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amgen Finance Intern Interview Questions

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amgen (San Francisco, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

First round interview from a non-target school was via Skype. The interviewer was very friendly, and the questions were all behavioral. I was asked about my leadership experience and items on my resume. It was nothing out of the usual, things like "Tell me about yourself", "Time you dealt with conflict", etc. I got the sense though that candidates from non-target schools faced more competition and were less likely to move on to the second round (probably because they will fly you to the main campus if you do).

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amgen

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Started with an on campus interview that was broken up into 2 30min interviews. It was 50% behavioral and 50% technical. Was then invited to interview at the site where I had 4 interviews that were 30min each. These were mostly behavioral questions and required a lot more of you asking them questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between chash and accrual based accounting?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amgen (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview consist of behavioral questions and technical interview questions. I was interviewed by two of the associates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Asked mostly behavioral interview questions. Generally laid back, and did not ask any finance-specific questions. I was set up with a recent graduate who seemed like he really didn't want to be there interviewing.

Some examples: What three adjectives would you use to describe yourself? Give an example of how you've used leadership in one of your classes.

Be sure to have some questions of your own for the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Describe your thought process when you are faced with a problem   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a situation where you worked on a team   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amgen in January 2012.

Interview

One phone screen, one additional phone interview. Both behavioral, "why Amgen", type discussions

Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Distrito Federal (Mexico)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amgen (Distrito Federal (Mexico)) in January 2011.

Interview

Got interview because my cv was in my school´s database. interview with finance director, who hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Had great chemistry with the interviewer, got the offer right away

Finance Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen in April 2010.

Interview

First it was a phone interview consisting of brief conversation about myself and about the position. Called in for in-person interviews which consisted of four 45-minute interviews with four different employees. The questions weren't overly rigorous and each interviewer was extremely friendly. Amgen has a relaxed culture and yet it is full of some of the most brilliant people in the industry. I was contacted 1-2 weeks after and offered the position.

Finance Intern Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen in March 2010.

Interview

First round was at school, both interviewers were very nice. 1 hour long split into 2 sections: behavioral and technical. Behavioral part emphasized on why biotech and your interest for it. Technical part was very straight forward, asked questions about financial statements, NPV, etc. 2nd round was on site, consisted of 5 interviews back to back with people who asked almost the same questions. The interviewers looked mad and were not very friendly.

Interview Questions

lack of growth for entry level.