Amgen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amgen Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

340 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

6 separate interviews, each lasting an hour. Each interview consisted of 1 to 7 people at a time. Some questions were easy, some were hard. A few technical and many situational.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were serious (accept for one that caught me by surprise). If you were a candy, what would you be and why.   1 Answer

Project Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

The interview process was short and to the point. The want intelligent individuals who can pick everything up in one day and train themselves. One has to pick up very fast or they will terminate you on the spot.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

multiple phone screens, onsite interview all day with 10 people, gave a seminar with extensive question and answer section, drug screen, background check very extensive and took a very long time

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

I met 8 people one on one in the group I applied for a position in and I was asked to prepare a 45 minute presentation on their screenshare webpage. One week following the interview I was told that I did not get the position via email directly from the hiring manager. I found that to be very reassuring and I appreciated the feedback. They were looking for someone with more computational bio experience. However, they also let me know they didn't hire my own boss yet (Sr. Scientist/Investigator) and I saw they re-posted the listings again which indicates they are still looking for candidates. Everyone was friendly and I enjoyed the interview but there was a lot of repeating myself throughout the day due to the lack of clear objectives for the one-on-ones.

Interview Questions

• They asked me several technical questions and general questions about my previous work. They rarely asked about my management experience, teamwork, or leadership skills.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with the hiring manager, phone screen with an HR recruiter, and then three 1-hour panel interviews with senior engineers and managers. Questions were mostly either behavioral or about my background, past work experience, interests, etc. I had the opportunity to ask many of my own questions and learn about the open position in detail.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced a challenge at work and how you approached and resolved it.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (South San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied online. A week later I was called by the hiring manager, a scientist in the group that the position belonged to. We chatted for an hour about my research and she said it would take two weeks for them to get back to me. They got back to me the same day and asked to arrange an onsite interview. The onsite interview was a day long and consisted of half hour interviews with 16 different scientists. Most of them wanted me to talk about my past experience and ask them questions. So have questions prepared. I went to dinner the same day with the hiring manager and a scientist within the group. I got a verbal offer a week later, pending background check of course. And a written offer a week and a half later.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

They use a vendor for the screening out process. Be prepared to discuss all of your history and awards. This was a big pharmacy 101 interview with annoying repetitive questions. Big turn off.

Bio-pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amgen (Richmond, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

Was supposed to meet with 2 managers, but only 1 showed up, so I knew this was a bad sign. Based on manager's answers to my questions, I knew it was a waste of time.

Device Quality Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

Applied online, No response from the in house recruiters. Got the interview through a recruiter. A brief phone interview with the internal recruiter first followed by another phone interview with the hiring manager. Then onsite interview with the hiring manager and the team. Depending on who the hiring manager is, the interviewee may end up with different members of the interview team and the level of interview difficulty. For device QA role, you may get members of Engineering interview you. But the funny thing is that for Engineering positions, QA is never part of their interview process.

Interview Questions

• Describe design control process. Verification vs Validation.   Answer Question

Rotational Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

3 interviewers interviewed me at the same time, and they all from different part. Interviewers are nice. The interview questions are just normal behavioral interview. At the beginning, they let me introduce myself and they also introduced themselves.