Amgen Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amgen Scientist Interview Questions

Updated Jan 12, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was long and tiring but good. It was whole day interview process. I was taken to dinner at the end of interview. Overall a great experience. Amgen is a great compamy

Interview Questions

• my plans for next 5 years. some general questions. Some scientific questions. Overall everyone was nice and welcoming. Its a big company.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

This interview was Intense, yet was efficient, and very well arranged. I was able to obtain lots of information and resource about this position. The team was very friendly, and I experienced 1st hand warm culture in the organization.

Senior Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Greenwich, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amgen (West Greenwich, RI).

Interview

It started with the typical phone screen. It was then followed up by a day of onsite interviews with several groups comprised of potential coworkers, higher-ups, and HR. Followed that up with a tour of the facility and further introductions with other co-workers that were not involved in the interviewing process. Process ran smoothly, although the interview room was very small and cramped.

Interview Questions

• "Describe a time when you were met with a challenge and how you surmounted it"   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen in June 2016.

Interview

I got a HR interview first. It is about why I am interested in this position and my expectation of my salaries. Then, I got a HM interview one week later. There were mixed questions including both behavior and technic. There was a question: are you a logical person or a people interaction driven person.

Associate Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amgen in March 2016.

Interview

I had a telephone interview with the hiring manager. It took about 1 hour. The hiring manager was pretty nice. He asked me some general questions and my background on my resume. Later on, he asked me very specific questions about my research experience. After three weeks, I was invited to on-site interview.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amgen (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a phone interview from the research director at Amgen, San Francisco about 4 weeks later. When I asked about the time to wait for the response of on-site interview. He said no specific time course was scheduled. I have not get any response yet.

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

I applied online, 3 weeks later got an email followed by a call from the hiring manager. We talked for ~30 mins about my skills and experiences. He liked me and invited me to onsite interview. 3 weeks later I was flown to the site. I met with the director-asked hard questions-then with the team and principle scientists and managers. I gave a 45 min talk as well. It seemed they liked me but they did not give any hints whether they are going to make an offer or not.
    They were all friendly and professional. They tried to know me better, not to give me a hard time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amgen (South San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

One day trip to the company,
    First, an hour presentation, the presentation was board casted to other company department located all over the US.
    More than 10 face-to-face talk, cheap lunch was offered.

Scientist Interview

Interview

phone interview first and then follow interview at the company. Be yourself and don't try to lie. Be prepared and present your experiences sincerely. Most people are nice until you meet the management.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Amgen (Seattle, WA) in September 2013.

Interview

1.Applied via Amgen website.
    2.Being contacted by hiring manager (Executive director of the Dep.).
    3.Being invited for on-site interview. very intensive 2 days of interview with all people on site and in other location (1:1 meeting) + 1 hr presentation + 1 hr Chalk-talk.
       (I felt format-wise it was very similar to academic interview.)
    4.Another phone call from the head of the dep. for 45 mins of science talk.
    5.The Hiring manager did reference check via direct phone calls (45 mins for each of my reference people: 3 refs).
    6.Being invited for the 2nd on-site interview only with the Executive directors of the Dep. + Head of Dep. Being asked so many tough science questions. The Head tried to evaluate my scientific in-depth knowledge in general.
    7.A recruiter contacted me and background-check initiated
    8.Being offered the position

Interview Questions

• I did not expect 1 hr chalk-talk during interview (topic: design of exp. to find out a drug candidate for a disease). I got informed about the topic a day before afternoon (only had couple of hrs to prepare for it, did my best and tried to enjoy it).   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation required since it was THE BEST I can imagine.