Amgen Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Two phone interviews-one with hiring manager and one with HR. On site interview after phone interviews. On site interview consisted of dinner the night before and an all day interview the next day. Interview comprised of a 45 min seminar followed by a 15 minute question and answer session. Remainder of the day was one on one's, lunch, and included a 30 minute knowledge quizzing session.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amgen (South San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Very extensive phone interviews, spoke to several directors and senior scientists.
    Invited for a site interview and to present my scientific research. During site visit had face to face interviews all day long. Everyone very nice during interviews.In the end was invited for dinner.

Interview Questions

• Why you want join industry, while most of your experience has been in academia?   Answer Question
    • Questions related to my research   Answer Question
    • Behavioral questions such how you will manage multiple projects   Answer Question

Senior Associate Scientist Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

Spoke with hiring manger over the phone and then with an HR rep... scheduled an on-site interview a month later. On-site interview lasted 6 hrs in a single room, meeting with about a dozen members. Was called back for a follow-up a week later with the VP of the department, then no response for a month. I had to contact the hiring manager to find out I wasn't offered the position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

multiple phone screens, onsite interview all day with 10 people, gave a seminar with extensive question and answer section, drug screen, background check very extensive and took a very long time

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

I met 8 people one on one in the group I applied for a position in and I was asked to prepare a 45 minute presentation on their screenshare webpage. One week following the interview I was told that I did not get the position via email directly from the hiring manager. I found that to be very reassuring and I appreciated the feedback. They were looking for someone with more computational bio experience. However, they also let me know they didn't hire my own boss yet (Sr. Scientist/Investigator) and I saw they re-posted the listings again which indicates they are still looking for candidates. Everyone was friendly and I enjoyed the interview but there was a lot of repeating myself throughout the day due to the lack of clear objectives for the one-on-ones.

Interview Questions

• They asked me several technical questions and general questions about my previous work. They rarely asked about my management experience, teamwork, or leadership skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was long and tiring but good. It was whole day interview process. I was taken to dinner at the end of interview. Overall a great experience. Amgen is a great compamy

Interview Questions

• my plans for next 5 years. some general questions. Some scientific questions. Overall everyone was nice and welcoming. Its a big company.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

This interview was Intense, yet was efficient, and very well arranged. I was able to obtain lots of information and resource about this position. The team was very friendly, and I experienced 1st hand warm culture in the organization.

Senior Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Greenwich, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amgen (West Greenwich, RI).

Interview

It started with the typical phone screen. It was then followed up by a day of onsite interviews with several groups comprised of potential coworkers, higher-ups, and HR. Followed that up with a tour of the facility and further introductions with other co-workers that were not involved in the interviewing process. Process ran smoothly, although the interview room was very small and cramped.

Interview Questions

• "Describe a time when you were met with a challenge and how you surmounted it"   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen in June 2016.

Interview

I got a HR interview first. It is about why I am interested in this position and my expectation of my salaries. Then, I got a HM interview one week later. There were mixed questions including both behavior and technic. There was a question: are you a logical person or a people interaction driven person.

Associate Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amgen in March 2016.

Interview

I had a telephone interview with the hiring manager. It took about 1 hour. The hiring manager was pretty nice. He asked me some general questions and my background on my resume. Later on, he asked me very specific questions about my research experience. After three weeks, I was invited to on-site interview.