Amgen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amgen Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2017

Medical Writing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I talked to about 8 people over the day long interview for 50 to 30 minutes at a time. My sense is that they have a form to fill in about the process. Many of the questions are repeated in the interviews. Don't be afraid to give the same answers--it shows consistency.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to talk about the system you have for tracking various projects simultaneously.   1 Answer

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

Highly intimidating and challenging process. Most managers know within the first 10 seconds if they will hire you. Allow your communication skills to clarify your expectations and responsibilities. Only contract or temporary positions available at the time. Phone interview then progressed to onsite panel interview, including 1:1 with prospective manager.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions: tell us when you encountered a conflict on a project and explain how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amgen (Seattle, WA) in July 2012.

Interview

Hiring manager will conduct the phone interview first. If they like you, then you will be invited for an onsite interview. It is a full day interview, multiple 1:1 or 1:2 interview with the higher title staff, then a group interview with the remaining of the department. Collective feedback is asked. But if someone strongly against the hiring, then the hiring manager will consider that opinion.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example to show how you solved a challenge problem.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

1 interview was difficult but was offered job. have been working there since july

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

internal transfer - promotion panel interview followed by a few one on ones, and then a presentation based on technical and personal success stories. Then, was grilled by the audience. very intense.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you vs. the next guy. what are you bringing to the table that we cannot get somewhere else.   Answer Question

Negotiation

very little negotiation possible. it is Amgen

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

Recruiter coordinated with internal team. Each was roughly 30-45 minutes in length. Met 1:1 with colleagues and future internal clients. Standard interview process. Recruiter provided feedback on following day and was followed by internal recruiting agent to review the benefits.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was long and tiring but good. It was whole day interview process. I was taken to dinner at the end of interview. Overall a great experience. Amgen is a great compamy

Interview Questions

• my plans for next 5 years. some general questions. Some scientific questions. Overall everyone was nice and welcoming. Its a big company.   1 Answer

Regionaler Medizinischer Projektleiter Kardiologie Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in November 2016.

Interview

1. Präsentation zur vorgegebenen Publikation mit maximal 5 Folien in 10 Minuten
    Präsentationsfähigkeit gegebenfalls auf Englisch

2. Gruppeninterview mit Head MSL, Senior MSL und HR Manager
    Simulation Ärztegespräch mit Stressfragen, Fragen zum Werdegang, Stärken und Schwächen

3. Einzelinterview mit Medical Director
    Abfrage des persönlichen Potentials und Hintergrundwissen, persönliche Stärken und Fähigkeiten

Einzelinterview mit Head MSL
    Möglichkeit Fragen zur Position zu stellen

Interview Questions

• Medizinische Fragen zum Thema
      Welche Kenntnisses/Vorteile bringen Sie ins Team ein?
      Wie würden Sie in dieser Rolle vorgehen (aktuelle Herausforderungen im Gebiet)?
      Was würden Sie in dieser Rolle ändern wollen?
      Welche Problemlösungsstrategien hatten Sie in der Vergangenheit?
      Wie würden Kollegen Sie beschreiben?
      Answer Question

Senior Associate Value Access & Policy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zug (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Zug (Switzerland)) in October 2016.

Interview

1-stündiges Telefoninterview mit line-manager, anschliessend Interview vor Ort, bestehend aus 5 Teilen: 1. Panel mit 3 Direktoren (Head Finance, Head Business Unit Oncology, Head Value Access Policy); 2. Case-Study; 3. Interview mit Kollegen; 4. Interview mit HR; 5. Interview mit Line-Manager

Interview Questions

• Fragen zum Unternehmen (Größe, Umsatz); Fragen zur Vakanz; Fragen zum CV; Wieso Amgen, welche Produkte produziert Amgen; Was sind die wichtigsten Schnittstellen für diese Position   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Interview process is very regress . Normally multiple rounds with group or panel. Many times it is phone screening followed by in person interview. Sometime it is more than one round of phone screen before they get you in for face to face.

Interview Questions

• They ask about your previous experience and your contributions.   Answer Question