Amgen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amgen Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2017

Medical Writing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I talked to about 8 people over the day long interview for 50 to 30 minutes at a time. My sense is that they have a form to fill in about the process. Many of the questions are repeated in the interviews. Don't be afraid to give the same answers--it shows consistency.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to talk about the system you have for tracking various projects simultaneously.   1 Answer

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

Highly intimidating and challenging process. Most managers know within the first 10 seconds if they will hire you. Allow your communication skills to clarify your expectations and responsibilities. Only contract or temporary positions available at the time. Phone interview then progressed to onsite panel interview, including 1:1 with prospective manager.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions: tell us when you encountered a conflict on a project and explain how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amgen (Seattle, WA) in July 2012.

Interview

Hiring manager will conduct the phone interview first. If they like you, then you will be invited for an onsite interview. It is a full day interview, multiple 1:1 or 1:2 interview with the higher title staff, then a group interview with the remaining of the department. Collective feedback is asked. But if someone strongly against the hiring, then the hiring manager will consider that opinion.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example to show how you solved a challenge problem.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

1 interview was difficult but was offered job. have been working there since july

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

internal transfer - promotion panel interview followed by a few one on ones, and then a presentation based on technical and personal success stories. Then, was grilled by the audience. very intense.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you vs. the next guy. what are you bringing to the table that we cannot get somewhere else.   Answer Question

Negotiation

very little negotiation possible. it is Amgen

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with operations manager followed by on-site interview to meet the team and see the facilities. The interview process was fairly simple and very straightforward. The interviewers were nice and seemed very intelligent.

Interview Questions

• What I did at my previous company. My background and experience.   Answer Question

Senior Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amgen (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I had 5 interviews with local HR, hiring Finance Director (twice), Benefits Manager, double interview with a Finance Director and Commercial Director and would be General Manager. Interviews were almost one hour each, hard questions. Three weeks after finishing all interviews I asked for feedback and got a standard decline email from HR.

Senior QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

6 separate interviews, each lasting an hour. Each interview consisted of 1 to 7 people at a time. Some questions were easy, some were hard. A few technical and many situational.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were serious (accept for one that caught me by surprise). If you were a candy, what would you be and why.   1 Answer

Health Economics Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zug (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Amgen (Zug (Switzerland)) in May 2017.

Interview

I was interviewing with Amgen for a HE modeller position. I think it is important that I was searching for a job with a recruiter, so he contacted the company (sent my CV) for me and all the interviews were scheduled through him. The process looked like this:
    - time spent between my CV was uploaded and the first contact was made by Amgen: 1-1,5 months
    - first interview: 2 days after first contact. on the phone with a senior modeller. basic questions about myself and my experience.
    - second interview: 2 weeks after the phone interview. Assessment Center-like, on site: one-on one with HR / lead of modelling team / senior modellers. Then presentation followed by a Q&A about a case study (sent to me 1 week before) where many people attended.

Interview Questions

• - how you dealt with a project that was not planned with enough detail
      - how you dealt with a customer or collegue who was rude with you
      - tell a situation when you had to take the control of a project from someone above you
      - how do you imagine yourself in 10 years time
      - why do you want to be a modeller   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through my college's career website and was invited to a first round interview on campus consisting of two different interviews (both technical and behavioral questions). Invited to a super day on Amgen's campus which involved four consecutive interviews.