Amgen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amgen Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2017

Interview

A panel interview with 5-7 directors, followed by multiple one on ones

Interview Questions

• What are the challenges faced from the industry that will affect Amgen and how   Answer Question

Negotiation

They don't negotiate. You get what you get. HR is not helpful.

Interview

online application, phone interview, onsite interview

Interview Questions

• How do you see the difference between academia and industry?   Answer Question

Grad IS Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions. Asked how I dealt with certain problems in team settings and situations. Asked me about previous experiences in how I'd solve those kinds of problems. Asked about technical projects, and what role I took within my projects. Also, about how I split up the work between group project partners.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a situation where team members are conflicting?   Answer Question

Medical Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

Outstanding care and efficiency. Very professional. Made me feel welcome and genuinely curious about who I am and what skills I bring to the table.

Interview Questions

• Probing question about a time when you were placed in a challenging situation at prior position with your back to against the wall. They really want to know what kind of mettle you are made of and if you are the right fit.   Answer Question

Associate Scientist Interview

Interview

It started with a phone interview which lasted about 30 minutes. They then said that they would contact me about and in person interview. They flew me out for the interview and were very gracious and nice. The HR was slow at getting the interview set up and in informing me on the decision for the position.

Interview Questions

• The questions were easier than expected. Cannot remember specifics.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Interview

Got in through a referral . The interview was very easy and basic. Not much to worry about they only check your communication skills.

I got other better offers.

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Greenwich, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (West Greenwich, RI).

Interview

Round robin interview process but that was several years ago. Only 1 interview but I hear they now do round 2.

You get a tour most of the time

Interview Questions

• They asked the typical questions. Expect questions in regards to operational excellence   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Offer was great.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

I got in touch with the position through recruiter. I had a straight forward phone interview. After that I had a full face to face interview with upper management and the entire group.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with challenging co-workers.   1 Answer

Interview

Was hired on after working at plant as a contractor

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

found position through UCLA career site. 1 on-campus interview (behavioral & technical - 1 hour total); 1 on-site interview (total 2 hours with lunch & campus tour). Took about 5 weeks total from resume submission deadline to extension of offer.

Interview Questions

• If Phil Mickelson is paid $500,000 over 3 years as marketing ambassador, what's journal entry?   Answer Question