Amgen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amgen Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

It seemed like a fairly typical interview process for a corporate position: pre-screen with the recruiter, phone interview with the hiring manager, a day of interviews (30 min - 1 hour) on-site with potential colleagues. The culture is very welcoming and that was clear during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to implement an unpopular idea.   Answer Question

R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The Interview Was a Phone Interview, i Received a good introduction of the Company and the Qualification and experience requiried for the role. Behavioral Interviewing technique was Applied. Interviewer asked for concrete situations from past experiences.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through my college's career website and was invited to a first round interview on campus consisting of two different interviews (both technical and behavioral questions). Invited to a super day on Amgen's campus which involved four consecutive interviews.

Compliance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in December 2014.

Interview

A few interviews with HR and various compliance staff. I'm hoping my situation was a one off but there was a mix up by Amgen in the co-ordination of the interviews and I ended up calling in for a phone interview at the same time as the other candidate. We had both been given the same time and the confused interviewer asked us to identify ourselves. I then knew who the other candidate was. In addition to the data privacy/lack of organisation fiasco, the company did not bother to follow up and say they offered the job to another candidate. I found out my application was ultimately unsuccessful when I was talking to a recruiter a few weeks later and he asked if I would be interested in a role that had been left by [insert successful candidate's name]. I was disappointed to simply not receive an email from HR saying sorry we stuffed up your telephone interview, revealed your application to the other candidate (and vice versa) and by the way you didn't get the job. As a compliance professional I expect a high degree of integrity and respect for confidentiality so it is perhaps best I didn't get the role but I hope the company can take this review in the good faith with which it is intended to improve processes and leave unsuccessful candidates with a more professional opinion of your business operations and hiring practices.

Interview Questions

• When I was asked to identify myself knowing that the other candidate was listening in and my job hunt supposed to be confidential.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

They use a vendor for the screening out process. Be prepared to discuss all of your history and awards. This was a big pharmacy 101 interview with annoying repetitive questions. Big turn off.

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen in November 2016.

Interview

Technically challenging, but interviewers were approachable and professional.

Phone interview followed by 5 different 1-1s with managers from various departments.

Took almost 2 months to revert with a response. But when it finally came, i took the offer.

Benefits may not be that luvrative as before.

Interview Questions

• If you were at a meeting and needed to express your opinion ehich differs from.your boss.. what would you do   Answer Question

Contract Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Very organized and smooth process from start to finish. It was made possible through Inventiv Health recruiter who arranged everything. Nice office and warm people. I would love to work there.

Interview Questions

• Why Amgen? Do you have experience in "Buy and Bill"? Tell me an experience in organizing events? How do you prepare for a sales call?   Answer Question

Biostatistics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

First I got a phone screen with the hiring manager and it's mentioned that they are bring me to an onsite interview. I had the onsite about 2 weeks after the phone screen. Had a lot of 1 : 1 sessions with potential coworkers. I gave a 45-minute presentation in the end. The feedback was positive. People were very nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit more on your dissertation project.   Answer Question
    • Some behavioral questions: what's your strength/weakness? What's your most significant accomplishment so fat?   Answer Question

Device Quality Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

Applied online, No response from the in house recruiters. Got the interview through a recruiter. A brief phone interview with the internal recruiter first followed by another phone interview with the hiring manager. Then onsite interview with the hiring manager and the team. Depending on who the hiring manager is, the interviewee may end up with different members of the interview team and the level of interview difficulty. For device QA role, you may get members of Engineering interview you. But the funny thing is that for Engineering positions, QA is never part of their interview process.

Interview Questions

• Describe design control process. Verification vs Validation.   Answer Question

Graduate(Software) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amgen (Northridge, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

They only asked behavioral questions. Not one technical question. Did not have a specific team or project to recruit for, gave very generic information about the internship. Friendly interviewers with a sheet of specific questions to ask.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time you handled a conflict at work?   Answer Question