Amgen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amgen Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2017

Undergrad Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen in October 2016.

Interview

Very straight forward interview process. I interviewed on campus and had a follow up phone interview the next day. All behavioral questions, focused on why I want to work at Amgen and my programming background.

Interview Questions

• What sources do you currently read to stay up to date in the tech world?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The process consists in: application through agency. Amgen hires first only from agencies.
    Secondly you are asked to take a test, there are several test. Nothing difficult: language (quite easy), for instance pick the word that doesn't fit in the context.
    Math, no calculation at all, just some series or easy algebra. Finally inductive/deductive test. The only difficulty is the timing, 5 minutes for each part and 20 questions each part.

HR interview, this doesn't happen always, i.e I skipped it.

Managers interviews. Deep and tough interview, about your background, your experience, personality, stress resistance, skills. It is easier if you turn all in a conversation, managers can be really kind, but they need to be sure you can resist the high level of stress that is in the job.

Interview Questions

• Which are your passions? What do you know about six sigma? About SAP? Which language level? How you prioritize? How do you deal with stressful situations? Are you ready to take a job that keeps you constantly on the hedge and is really intense?   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiations, you pass through an external agency.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was long and tiring but good. It was whole day interview process. I was taken to dinner at the end of interview. Overall a great experience. Amgen is a great compamy

Interview Questions

• my plans for next 5 years. some general questions. Some scientific questions. Overall everyone was nice and welcoming. Its a big company.   1 Answer

QC Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

Not a lot of questions. It was fast and easy. The questions asked are about the job and they tell you a lot of information regarding the job. They are very friendly

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

This interview was Intense, yet was efficient, and very well arranged. I was able to obtain lots of information and resource about this position. The team was very friendly, and I experienced 1st hand warm culture in the organization.

R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The Interview Was a Phone Interview, i Received a good introduction of the Company and the Qualification and experience requiried for the role. Behavioral Interviewing technique was Applied. Interviewer asked for concrete situations from past experiences.

Senior Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Greenwich, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amgen (West Greenwich, RI).

Interview

It started with the typical phone screen. It was then followed up by a day of onsite interviews with several groups comprised of potential coworkers, higher-ups, and HR. Followed that up with a tour of the facility and further introductions with other co-workers that were not involved in the interviewing process. Process ran smoothly, although the interview room was very small and cramped.

Interview Questions

• "Describe a time when you were met with a challenge and how you surmounted it"   Answer Question

Senior Associate IS Bus Sys Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Long - could be shorten total over 6 interviews. Relatively informal and be more effective. I was able to obtain lots of information and resource about this position. The team was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• what's your strength?
      How do you collaborate and work within a team?
      Why I am interested in this position?
      Tell us about your leadership style
      Answer Question

Senior Associate IS Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview process lasted for almost a month. First round was a phone interview by Hiring Manager followed by HR recruiter Interview and then got the call for Onsite Interview that lasted almost for 5-6 hours with different Panels.

Interview Questions

• They were mostly behavior questions.

How do you handle conflict resolution?
      What is your most challenging task and how did you handle it?
      Why do you want to join our company?
      1 Answer

Undergrad Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

A quick 15 minute "office hours" call with the executive director for my department.He basically just told me what his department does and asked if I would be interested. And then a superday with 5 back to back interviews with members of the SLT. All behavioral questions were asked. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• Your resume shows that you are a leader, but can you follow?   Answer Question