Amgen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amgen Interview Questions

Updated Nov 29, 2017

Specialist IS Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen (Tampa, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process involved 30 minute phone discussions with each of the following.
    1. The Recruiter
    2. Hiring Manager
    3. Technical team representative

There were also two in person interviews.
    1. The Hiring Manager
    2. The Senior Information Systems Manager

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were technically not challenging. They were most interested in knowing about all relevant experience with respect to the position.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen in July 2017.

Interview

I went through multiple interviews. The first was over the phone with someone I presume works in the department doing the hiring. This interview was strangely short and mostly focused on the details of my resume. I was contacted shortly after the first interview by an HR representative who confirmed details of the position, basic benefit package, and to arrange a face to face interview. At the face to face interview, I had two 45 minute one-on-one interviews with two director level people. Again, these interviews were strangely informal. The first was interested in whether I worked with certain people he has worked with in the past. The second focused on high level project management philosophy.

I have not heard anything from Amgen following the on-site interviews.

Interview Questions

• One of the interviewers was very interested in who I have worked with in the past. I was not sure whether confirming I have worked with some of these people would be a positive or a negative.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

multiple phone screens, onsite interview all day with 10 people, gave a seminar with extensive question and answer section, drug screen, background check very extensive and took a very long time

Project Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

The interview process was short and to the point. The want intelligent individuals who can pick everything up in one day and train themselves. One has to pick up very fast or they will terminate you on the spot.

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

I met 8 people one on one in the group I applied for a position in and I was asked to prepare a 45 minute presentation on their screenshare webpage. One week following the interview I was told that I did not get the position via email directly from the hiring manager. I found that to be very reassuring and I appreciated the feedback. They were looking for someone with more computational bio experience. However, they also let me know they didn't hire my own boss yet (Sr. Scientist/Investigator) and I saw they re-posted the listings again which indicates they are still looking for candidates. Everyone was friendly and I enjoyed the interview but there was a lot of repeating myself throughout the day due to the lack of clear objectives for the one-on-ones.

Interview Questions

• They asked me several technical questions and general questions about my previous work. They rarely asked about my management experience, teamwork, or leadership skills.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with the hiring manager, phone screen with an HR recruiter, and then three 1-hour panel interviews with senior engineers and managers. Questions were mostly either behavioral or about my background, past work experience, interests, etc. I had the opportunity to ask many of my own questions and learn about the open position in detail.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced a challenge at work and how you approached and resolved it.   Answer Question

Analytics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Round1: Recruiter phone screening
    R2: About 2 months after the R1, email to ask me to select available tech interview dates and had a 30-minute tech interview. Asked about SQL questions, rate your SQL level. Asked about your past projects..How much do you know about payer, PBM etc.
    Rr3: On site, met 6 people. One potential client, 2 senior managers, 2 directors. They are all in the same department.

Interview Questions

• One director showed me a problem that their business was facing with, asked me to brainstorm the solution....   1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (South San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied online. A week later I was called by the hiring manager, a scientist in the group that the position belonged to. We chatted for an hour about my research and she said it would take two weeks for them to get back to me. They got back to me the same day and asked to arrange an onsite interview. The onsite interview was a day long and consisted of half hour interviews with 16 different scientists. Most of them wanted me to talk about my past experience and ask them questions. So have questions prepared. I went to dinner the same day with the hiring manager and a scientist within the group. I got a verbal offer a week later, pending background check of course. And a written offer a week and a half later.

Senior Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amgen (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I had 5 interviews with local HR, hiring Finance Director (twice), Benefits Manager, double interview with a Finance Director and Commercial Director and would be General Manager. Interviews were almost one hour each, hard questions. Three weeks after finishing all interviews I asked for feedback and got a standard decline email from HR.

Advanced Device Innovations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I had a 25-minute phone interview with technical questions and questions relating to the experience listed on my resume. I also answered questions about the analytical instruments listed on my resume.