Amgen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amgen Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2017

Senior Associate IS Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview process lasted for almost a month. First round was a phone interview by Hiring Manager followed by HR recruiter Interview and then got the call for Onsite Interview that lasted almost for 5-6 hours with different Panels.

Interview Questions

• They were mostly behavior questions.

How do you handle conflict resolution?
      What is your most challenging task and how did you handle it?
      Why do you want to join our company?
      1 Answer

Undergrad Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

A quick 15 minute "office hours" call with the executive director for my department.He basically just told me what his department does and asked if I would be interested. And then a superday with 5 back to back interviews with members of the SLT. All behavioral questions were asked. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• Your resume shows that you are a leader, but can you follow?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

I had a short phone interview, which apparently went well as I received a call the next day requesting I come in for a series of three interviews - panel and 1:1 - lasting approximately a half day. The interview was very relaxed with very basic questions. I left feeling as though I did not perform as well as I have in the past. I felt as though I mimicked their relaxed, laid back style, and it felt as though that may not have been the best decision, but based on the questions, structure, and feedback, I really was not sure. While I can understand not getting the job - Amgen is highly competitive, and I believe I could have performed much better - I never heard another peep from them. I had read another interview review on Glassdoor that said the reviewer never received a response of any kind after a full day, on-site interview, and I thought that was incredibly weird and had to be a fluke. I understand hearing nothing when you apply and are not selected, but once you have had actual interviews - especially face-to-face - I would believe you should receive some sort of communication - even an email. I have never experienced anything like this before. Just like the other reviewer, I never received any contact. I sent Thank You emails the day after the interview and received one response that was positive from one of the interviewers, and I followed up with the Hiring Manager two weeks after the interview, and I have never received any response, nor have I had any communication from HR. It is very strange and extremely disappointing. I expected more from Amgen.

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

Got an email for onsite interview. Had many interview iterations. Lengthy process.
    They gave a behavior evaluation survey (very long).
    I didn't like the hiring process; but after the offer company welcomes there employees very well.

Regulatory Affairs Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by a HR rep a few weeks ago and asked to apply for this position. After a week or 2, I was contacted by the hiring manager for a phone interview. About a week later I was invited to interview at their main campus in Thousand Oaks,CA.

The in person interview process consisted of talking individually with the people I would be working with, 10 in all, from 8 in the morning to 4 in the afternoon.

I was also given a tour of the area.

Interview Questions

• When did you talk an action for self improvement without being prompted by management?   Answer Question
    • How did you increase the moral of coworkers?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Amgen?   Answer Question

The job did not match my current career goals.

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen in June 2016.

Interview

I got a HR interview first. It is about why I am interested in this position and my expectation of my salaries. Then, I got a HM interview one week later. There were mixed questions including both behavior and technic. There was a question: are you a logical person or a people interaction driven person.

Treasury Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by HR within a week of submitting my resume. The HR interview was very encouraging and informative. The hiring process was very long, 3 months in fact. I went through 1 more round of phone interview and one on-site interview that last 3 hours. In the end, the role was offered to an internal employee.

Contract Assistant Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amgen (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Had one phone interview and one onsite interview coming after it. Not too much technical questions were asked. They briefly went over my resume and then asked a lot of behavior questions. It's a nice company with good working environment.

Senior Manager, R&D Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

All-day interview; 1:1 meetings with group directors and senior managers. Skills test and group lunch and dinner. Overall, the interviews were mostly conversational. Interviewers wanted to know about my experience, how I may approach certain projects, reasons for leaving current job, etc. There were no trick questions or any designed to stump you.

District Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amgen in May 2016.

Interview

Relatively informal. 2 one hour interviews with 2 regional directors. They focus less on STAR examples than most companies and more on getting to know you. No follow up afterwards and the CV division seems to be a bit of a mess right now