Amgen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amgen Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2017

Specialist IS Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Mountain View, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied this role online, and got interview invitation after 20 days. It's a phone interview. Interviewers focus on previous experience. There are three interviewers at the same time. The process is 30 min.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself
      Do you face any technical issue in your work? And how do you handle it.
      How do you handle requirement changes?
      How do you help clients to adopt the changes you bring to them?
      How do you maintain documents? e.g documnet repository
      Answer Question

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I just had a phone call so far and I thought that the recruiter was really nice and talkative. I was prepared so I hope that helped in the process so far!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit more about your professional background.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amgen in March 2016.

Interview

Laid back and conversational. Everyone was very approachable and respectful of previous experience and tenure. The mood was very professional and mutually respectful so it felt as if I was interviewing them as well.

Interview Questions

• The standout question was how I would perform in the role and what ideas I had to bring. They prefer to have questions answered in the STAR format and prefer you for depth of questions. There were no trick questions.   Answer Question

Graduate Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I received an email from the department and set up a phone interview for the next day. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. It seemed like my interviewer was just trying to see if I would be a good fit for their team. She ended the conversation by saying that she would look into the next steps and I followed up with a thank you email. The next day I got a call from HR with an offer for the position

Interview Questions

• During the interview, she asked a few questions about my resume and about what I wanted to get out of the internship.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Summer internship salaries are not negotiable. The hourly rate is based on how long you have been a graduate student.

Sumer Risk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen in March 2016.

Interview

Two turns phone interview. Simple questions about excel background. Small team hiring a summer intern for helping manage database using Excel.
    First turn was given by a senior analyst.
    Second round was interviewed by hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• General questions about ur background and the knowledge of Amgen   Answer Question

Seasonal Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Had a two-step phone interviewing process. Questions were generally about why I wanted to work at Amgen and why I would be a good fit for the company. Minimal conversation about my knowledge in the field. Hit it off with both interviewers and got an offer a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Why the biotech industry and more specifically why Amgen?   Answer Question

Associate Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amgen in March 2016.

Interview

I had a telephone interview with the hiring manager. It took about 1 hour. The hiring manager was pretty nice. He asked me some general questions and my background on my resume. Later on, he asked me very specific questions about my research experience. After three weeks, I was invited to on-site interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen in March 2016.

Interview

I applied on the Amgen website - Intern/Co-Op postings for a summer Internship in Feb/Mar 2016. Towards March end, I received an email from the respective lab's manger asking for a suitable time for phone interview. It took a while to get a suitable time as I hadn't checked my emails on time and ended up replying very late and then she was busy and replied late.
    So finally a suitable time was decided and the phone screening began.

Interview Questions

• First question was the typical. Tell me about yourself
      She seemed happy to know about my double Master's degree and also my experience in the university lab as a Grad research assistant (RA)
      She asked me details on things from my resume like :
      My Master's dissertation project work
      my Work as a grad RA
      my interests in bio-pharmaceuticals related lab work
      my volunteer activities
      and she also seemed fascinated with a list of my extra and co-curriculars.

Amidst this came a very tricky question. She explained to me about the prospective project work in the lab and the problem that they were focusing on. She initially asked me questions with regard to the project in order to check my knowledge in the subject and then she asked me if I were given the project, how would I go about by it.

She was a very sweet, polite lady and I enjoyed conversing with her. Before hanging up, she did say she'd keep me in mind.
      And the next day itself I received an email from the HR. Apr first week, I signed the contract.

The interview was to the point. Not too difficult, but a good amount of preparation with regard to the subject was necessary.
      1 Answer

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR, and was then invited to interview on-site. Started the day by giving an hour long seminar with questions. Then had lunch with some of the lab members. Had one on one interviews all afternoon, and then went to dinner with two of the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging part of your PhD?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

Phone interview was a smooth process. The questions we basic and straight to the point. All they want to know Is what that position and how do your skills apply to that position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here &
      Questions about your work experience.
      Answer Question