Amgen Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

3.1

GradInformation Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Amgen asks majority of behavioral questions and about your different projects and work experience from your resume. They give you some situations and asks you how would you respond to that situation. They even ask questions which focuses on leadership qualities and team work

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with situation if you had to manage too many things at the same time   1 Answer

Finance Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I interviewed for first round on campus and then invited to the campus in CA for the second round. Everyone in the company is relaxed and nice. They kickoff with a presentation then 4 30mins interview with the director and managers in the department. Overall very relaxing experience.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

Recruiter coordinated with internal team. Each was roughly 30-45 minutes in length. Met 1:1 with colleagues and future internal clients. Standard interview process. Recruiter provided feedback on following day and was followed by internal recruiting agent to review the benefits.

CDM Systems Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

Full day of interviews located in Thousand Oaks. Three separate panels. Included cross functional representation (DM, Ops, Biostats, QA). Flew down for the day with a car pick up/return at the airport. Well- planned and well-executed with clearly informed team members. Keen interest in selecting the right candidate was shown.

Interview Questions

• Specific questions were raised around regulatory requirements spanning several areas unrelated to the role. Very confusing in the moment.   1 Answer

Graduate(Software) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amgen (Northridge, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

They only asked behavioral questions. Not one technical question. Did not have a specific team or project to recruit for, gave very generic information about the internship. Friendly interviewers with a sheet of specific questions to ask.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time you handled a conflict at work?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

1) Phone Interview
    I was contacted by PI. He did not even write an email but directly had a phone conversation/interview. After describing (still took ~ 1 Hr or so ) my thesis work and postdoctoral work, he said someone from HR will be in contact to set up In-person interview.
    2) Contacted by HR and described their benefits/salary range
    The process was very smooth- nothing special. She explained about some of the benefits and salary range.
    3) In house Interview
    The process was very long and stressful.
    It started out with ~3 phone conversation (connecting its SF HQ) roughly 30 minutes long. Some of the PIs were friendly, the others were a bit rude. Some of the questions asked by the Pis were difficult-

Interview Questions

• Personality Questions
      Why do you want to come to Amgen
      Technical questions related to your field.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

1. Phone screen with recruiter
    2. Phone interview with director in the department
    3. On site interviews: 4 back to back

All interviews were fairly short (30 min) with no tough questions really--only behavioral, talking through your resume & it was very much conversational in that the interviewers spoke a lot about the department and day-to-day responsibilities for the role. I got the sense in the final interview that they weren't really interested in hiring me. Overall, everyone was nice, and the reimbursement was generous. However, I informed them beforehand that I had other offers at hand and would need a decision promptly. They said the position start date was ASAP, so no worries there...until I had to follow up multiple times weeks after the final interview just to get a generic rejection email. I'm absolutely positive that had I not followed up, I would've been kept in silence. This cost me an offer from another company due to their inefficient, slow response--very disrespectful.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Take me through your resume in ~5 minutes.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was long and tiring but good. It was whole day interview process. I was taken to dinner at the end of interview. Overall a great experience. Amgen is a great compamy

Interview Questions

• my plans for next 5 years. some general questions. Some scientific questions. Overall everyone was nice and welcoming. Its a big company.   1 Answer

QC Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

Not a lot of questions. It was fast and easy. The questions asked are about the job and they tell you a lot of information regarding the job. They are very friendly

Senior Associate IS Bus Sys Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Long - could be shorten total over 6 interviews. Relatively informal and be more effective. I was able to obtain lots of information and resource about this position. The team was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• what's your strength?
      How do you collaborate and work within a team?
      Why I am interested in this position?
      Tell us about your leadership style