Amgen Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

3.1

130 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Medical Writing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I talked to about 8 people over the day long interview for 50 to 30 minutes at a time. My sense is that they have a form to fill in about the process. Many of the questions are repeated in the interviews. Don't be afraid to give the same answers--it shows consistency.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to talk about the system you have for tracking various projects simultaneously.   1 Answer

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

Highly intimidating and challenging process. Most managers know within the first 10 seconds if they will hire you. Allow your communication skills to clarify your expectations and responsibilities. Only contract or temporary positions available at the time. Phone interview then progressed to onsite panel interview, including 1:1 with prospective manager.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions: tell us when you encountered a conflict on a project and explain how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

1 interview was difficult but was offered job. have been working there since july

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

internal transfer - promotion panel interview followed by a few one on ones, and then a presentation based on technical and personal success stories. Then, was grilled by the audience. very intense.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you vs. the next guy. what are you bringing to the table that we cannot get somewhere else.   Answer Question

Negotiation

very little negotiation possible. it is Amgen

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through my college's career website and was invited to a first round interview on campus consisting of two different interviews (both technical and behavioral questions). Invited to a super day on Amgen's campus which involved four consecutive interviews.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

Recruiter coordinated with internal team. Each was roughly 30-45 minutes in length. Met 1:1 with colleagues and future internal clients. Standard interview process. Recruiter provided feedback on following day and was followed by internal recruiting agent to review the benefits.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was long and tiring but good. It was whole day interview process. I was taken to dinner at the end of interview. Overall a great experience. Amgen is a great compamy

Interview Questions

• my plans for next 5 years. some general questions. Some scientific questions. Overall everyone was nice and welcoming. Its a big company.   1 Answer

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Interview process is very regress . Normally multiple rounds with group or panel. Many times it is phone screening followed by in person interview. Sometime it is more than one round of phone screen before they get you in for face to face.

Interview Questions

• They ask about your previous experience and your contributions.   Answer Question

Senior Associate IS Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview process lasted for almost a month. First round was a phone interview by Hiring Manager followed by HR recruiter Interview and then got the call for Onsite Interview that lasted almost for 5-6 hours with different Panels.

Interview Questions

• They were mostly behavior questions.

How do you handle conflict resolution?
      What is your most challenging task and how did you handle it?
      Why do you want to join our company?   1 Answer

Category Manager Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Perfunctory, since I was hired as a consultant. The formal interview included a two-hour case study where I was given a rhetorical task and asked to illustrate various ways of addressing it - which was cool.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle / react to various situations? What are examples of issues you'd encounter in negotiating intellectual-property rights for Amgen? How do data security requirements differ between EU and US? What are typical commercial / legal concerns you'd expect to encounter setting up a cloud deal?   Answer Question