Amgen Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

3.1

131 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analytics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Round1: Recruiter phone screening
    R2: About 2 months after the R1, email to ask me to select available tech interview dates and had a 30-minute tech interview. Asked about SQL questions, rate your SQL level. Asked about your past projects..How much do you know about payer, PBM etc.
    Rr3: On site, met 6 people. One potential client, 2 senior managers, 2 directors. They are all in the same department.

Interview Questions

• One director showed me a problem that their business was facing with, asked me to brainstorm the solution....   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with the hiring manager, phone screen with an HR recruiter, and then three 1-hour panel interviews with senior engineers and managers. Questions were mostly either behavioral or about my background, past work experience, interests, etc. I had the opportunity to ask many of my own questions and learn about the open position in detail.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced a challenge at work and how you approached and resolved it.   Answer Question

Statistical Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Gave me less than a week to prepare for interview. The guy who interviewed me made really dry jokes from the beginning and was honestly a little awkward. Was also very condescending.

Quality Control Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interviewer were pretty professional and seemed like nice people. They asked standard technical and behavioral questions. When they tell you anout the company and role they leave out important information such as, you can potentially be transferred to another department at any given time.

Interview Questions

• How do I handle a difficult co-worker.   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

It seemed like a fairly typical interview process for a corporate position: pre-screen with the recruiter, phone interview with the hiring manager, a day of interviews (30 min - 1 hour) on-site with potential colleagues. The culture is very welcoming and that was clear during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to implement an unpopular idea.   Answer Question

R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The Interview Was a Phone Interview, i Received a good introduction of the Company and the Qualification and experience requiried for the role. Behavioral Interviewing technique was Applied. Interviewer asked for concrete situations from past experiences.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through my college's career website and was invited to a first round interview on campus consisting of two different interviews (both technical and behavioral questions). Invited to a super day on Amgen's campus which involved four consecutive interviews.

Contract Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Very organized and smooth process from start to finish. It was made possible through Inventiv Health recruiter who arranged everything. Nice office and warm people. I would love to work there.

Interview Questions

• Why Amgen? Do you have experience in "Buy and Bill"? Tell me an experience in organizing events? How do you prepare for a sales call?   Answer Question

Biostatistics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

First I got a phone screen with the hiring manager and it's mentioned that they are bring me to an onsite interview. I had the onsite about 2 weeks after the phone screen. Had a lot of 1 : 1 sessions with potential coworkers. I gave a 45-minute presentation in the end. The feedback was positive. People were very nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit more on your dissertation project.   Answer Question
    • Some behavioral questions: what's your strength/weakness? What's your most significant accomplishment so fat?   Answer Question

Device Quality Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

Applied online, No response from the in house recruiters. Got the interview through a recruiter. A brief phone interview with the internal recruiter first followed by another phone interview with the hiring manager. Then onsite interview with the hiring manager and the team. Depending on who the hiring manager is, the interviewee may end up with different members of the interview team and the level of interview difficulty. For device QA role, you may get members of Engineering interview you. But the funny thing is that for Engineering positions, QA is never part of their interview process.

Interview Questions

• Describe design control process. Verification vs Validation.   Answer Question