Amgen Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 13, 2017

3.1

Statistical Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Gave me less than a week to prepare for interview. The guy who interviewed me made really dry jokes from the beginning and was honestly a little awkward. Was also very condescending.

Quality Control Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interviewer were pretty professional and seemed like nice people. They asked standard technical and behavioral questions. When they tell you anout the company and role they leave out important information such as, you can potentially be transferred to another department at any given time.

Interview Questions

• How do I handle a difficult co-worker.   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

1) Phone Interview
    I was contacted by PI. He did not even write an email but directly had a phone conversation/interview. After describing (still took ~ 1 Hr or so ) my thesis work and postdoctoral work, he said someone from HR will be in contact to set up In-person interview.
    2) Contacted by HR and described their benefits/salary range
    The process was very smooth- nothing special. She explained about some of the benefits and salary range.
    3) In house Interview
    The process was very long and stressful.
    It started out with ~3 phone conversation (connecting its SF HQ) roughly 30 minutes long. Some of the PIs were friendly, the others were a bit rude. Some of the questions asked by the Pis were difficult-

Interview Questions

• Personality Questions
      Why do you want to come to Amgen
      Technical questions related to your field.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

1. Phone screen with recruiter
    2. Phone interview with director in the department
    3. On site interviews: 4 back to back

All interviews were fairly short (30 min) with no tough questions really--only behavioral, talking through your resume & it was very much conversational in that the interviewers spoke a lot about the department and day-to-day responsibilities for the role. I got the sense in the final interview that they weren't really interested in hiring me. Overall, everyone was nice, and the reimbursement was generous. However, I informed them beforehand that I had other offers at hand and would need a decision promptly. They said the position start date was ASAP, so no worries there...until I had to follow up multiple times weeks after the final interview just to get a generic rejection email. I'm absolutely positive that had I not followed up, I would've been kept in silence. This cost me an offer from another company due to their inefficient, slow response--very disrespectful.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Take me through your resume in ~5 minutes.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was long and tiring but good. It was whole day interview process. I was taken to dinner at the end of interview. Overall a great experience. Amgen is a great compamy

Interview Questions

• my plans for next 5 years. some general questions. Some scientific questions. Overall everyone was nice and welcoming. Its a big company.   1 Answer

QC Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

Not a lot of questions. It was fast and easy. The questions asked are about the job and they tell you a lot of information regarding the job. They are very friendly

R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The Interview Was a Phone Interview, i Received a good introduction of the Company and the Qualification and experience requiried for the role. Behavioral Interviewing technique was Applied. Interviewer asked for concrete situations from past experiences.

Senior Associate IS Bus Sys Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Long - could be shorten total over 6 interviews. Relatively informal and be more effective. I was able to obtain lots of information and resource about this position. The team was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• what's your strength?
      How do you collaborate and work within a team?
      Why I am interested in this position?
      Tell us about your leadership style

Senior Associate IS Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview process lasted for almost a month. First round was a phone interview by Hiring Manager followed by HR recruiter Interview and then got the call for Onsite Interview that lasted almost for 5-6 hours with different Panels.

Interview Questions

• They were mostly behavior questions.

How do you handle conflict resolution?
      What is your most challenging task and how did you handle it?
      Why do you want to join our company?
      1 Answer

Undergrad Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

A quick 15 minute "office hours" call with the executive director for my department.He basically just told me what his department does and asked if I would be interested. And then a superday with 5 back to back interviews with members of the SLT. All behavioral questions were asked. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• Your resume shows that you are a leader, but can you follow?   Answer Question