Amgen Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

3.1

136 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was long and tiring but good. It was whole day interview process. I was taken to dinner at the end of interview. Overall a great experience. Amgen is a great compamy

Interview Questions

• my plans for next 5 years. some general questions. Some scientific questions. Overall everyone was nice and welcoming. Its a big company.   1 Answer

QC Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

Not a lot of questions. It was fast and easy. The questions asked are about the job and they tell you a lot of information regarding the job. They are very friendly

R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The Interview Was a Phone Interview, i Received a good introduction of the Company and the Qualification and experience requiried for the role. Behavioral Interviewing technique was Applied. Interviewer asked for concrete situations from past experiences.

Senior Associate IS Bus Sys Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Long - could be shorten total over 6 interviews. Relatively informal and be more effective. I was able to obtain lots of information and resource about this position. The team was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• what's your strength?
      How do you collaborate and work within a team?
      Why I am interested in this position?
      Tell us about your leadership style   Answer Question

Senior Associate IS Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview process lasted for almost a month. First round was a phone interview by Hiring Manager followed by HR recruiter Interview and then got the call for Onsite Interview that lasted almost for 5-6 hours with different Panels.

Interview Questions

• They were mostly behavior questions.

How do you handle conflict resolution?
      What is your most challenging task and how did you handle it?
      Why do you want to join our company?   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

I had a short phone interview, which apparently went well as I received a call the next day requesting I come in for a series of three interviews - panel and 1:1 - lasting approximately a half day. The interview was very relaxed with very basic questions. I left feeling as though I did not perform as well as I have in the past. I felt as though I mimicked their relaxed, laid back style, and it felt as though that may not have been the best decision, but based on the questions, structure, and feedback, I really was not sure. While I can understand not getting the job - Amgen is highly competitive, and I believe I could have performed much better - I never heard another peep from them. I had read another interview review on Glassdoor that said the reviewer never received a response of any kind after a full day, on-site interview, and I thought that was incredibly weird and had to be a fluke. I understand hearing nothing when you apply and are not selected, but once you have had actual interviews - especially face-to-face - I would believe you should receive some sort of communication - even an email. I have never experienced anything like this before. Just like the other reviewer, I never received any contact. I sent Thank You emails the day after the interview and received one response that was positive from one of the interviewers, and I followed up with the Hiring Manager two weeks after the interview, and I have never received any response, nor have I had any communication from HR. It is very strange and extremely disappointing. I expected more from Amgen.

Undergrad Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

A quick 15 minute "office hours" call with the executive director for my department.He basically just told me what his department does and asked if I would be interested. And then a superday with 5 back to back interviews with members of the SLT. All behavioral questions were asked. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• Your resume shows that you are a leader, but can you follow?   Answer Question

Regulatory Affairs Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by a HR rep a few weeks ago and asked to apply for this position. After a week or 2, I was contacted by the hiring manager for a phone interview. About a week later I was invited to interview at their main campus in Thousand Oaks,CA.

The in person interview process consisted of talking individually with the people I would be working with, 10 in all, from 8 in the morning to 4 in the afternoon.

I was also given a tour of the area.

Interview Questions

The job did not match my current career goals.

Treasury Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by HR within a week of submitting my resume. The HR interview was very encouraging and informative. The hiring process was very long, 3 months in fact. I went through 1 more round of phone interview and one on-site interview that last 3 hours. In the end, the role was offered to an internal employee.

Contract Assistant Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amgen (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Had one phone interview and one onsite interview coming after it. Not too much technical questions were asked. They briefly went over my resume and then asked a lot of behavior questions. It's a nice company with good working environment.

Interview Questions

See What Amgen Employees Are Saying

MBA Intern

StarStarStarStarStar   Former MBA Summer in Thousand Oaks, CA

Pros: “If you are passionate about biopharma, THIS IS THE PLACE TO BE! You have so many resources and experts to learn from, I felt like I should have been given a degree in biotech upon...”“If you are passionate about biopharma, THIS IS THE PLACE TO BE! You have so many resources and experts to learn from, I felt like I should have been given a degree in biotech upon completion of the internship. Everyone is very supportive of interns, regardless of their title. I was able to chat with everyone from managers to SVP level. Very structured MBA internship programs. They've been doing this for a long time and it shows. Many current employees who went through the internship and are available for support. Amazing events during the summer for professional and personal growth. Actually got a project with real business implication to work on! Challenging at times, but if you are looking for an easy summer, this isn't the place for you. Interns have access to everything a FTE would, such as the on-campus gym, Next Gen Workspaces, and conference rooms. In some cases, I had more access than some of the employees and contingent workers. Housing for MBA interns and some undergrads is also provided.” – Full Review