Amgen Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 29, 2017

3.1

Regulatory Affairs Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by a HR rep a few weeks ago and asked to apply for this position. After a week or 2, I was contacted by the hiring manager for a phone interview. About a week later I was invited to interview at their main campus in Thousand Oaks,CA.

The in person interview process consisted of talking individually with the people I would be working with, 10 in all, from 8 in the morning to 4 in the afternoon.

I was also given a tour of the area.

Interview Questions

• When did you talk an action for self improvement without being prompted by management?   Answer Question
    • How did you increase the moral of coworkers?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Amgen?   Answer Question

The job did not match my current career goals.

Treasury Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by HR within a week of submitting my resume. The HR interview was very encouraging and informative. The hiring process was very long, 3 months in fact. I went through 1 more round of phone interview and one on-site interview that last 3 hours. In the end, the role was offered to an internal employee.

Contract Assistant Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amgen (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Had one phone interview and one onsite interview coming after it. Not too much technical questions were asked. They briefly went over my resume and then asked a lot of behavior questions. It's a nice company with good working environment.

Senior Manager, R&D Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

All-day interview; 1:1 meetings with group directors and senior managers. Skills test and group lunch and dinner. Overall, the interviews were mostly conversational. Interviewers wanted to know about my experience, how I may approach certain projects, reasons for leaving current job, etc. There were no trick questions or any designed to stump you.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I just had a phone call so far and I thought that the recruiter was really nice and talkative. I was prepared so I hope that helped in the process so far!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit more about your professional background.   1 Answer

Graduate Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I received an email from the department and set up a phone interview for the next day. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. It seemed like my interviewer was just trying to see if I would be a good fit for their team. She ended the conversation by saying that she would look into the next steps and I followed up with a thank you email. The next day I got a call from HR with an offer for the position

Interview Questions

• During the interview, she asked a few questions about my resume and about what I wanted to get out of the internship.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Summer internship salaries are not negotiable. The hourly rate is based on how long you have been a graduate student.

Seasonal Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Had a two-step phone interviewing process. Questions were generally about why I wanted to work at Amgen and why I would be a good fit for the company. Minimal conversation about my knowledge in the field. Hit it off with both interviewers and got an offer a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Why the biotech industry and more specifically why Amgen?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR, and was then invited to interview on-site. Started the day by giving an hour long seminar with questions. Then had lunch with some of the lab members. Had one on one interviews all afternoon, and then went to dinner with two of the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging part of your PhD?   1 Answer

Specialist IS Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

It is an overhyped interview with basic questions.Two people joined in interview,along with the manager.Interview process is ok..I was able to answer all the questions. here comes feedback.. They will not give any feedback, after interview.. Very poor and un-professionalism attitude.

Specialist - IS Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, and on-site interview with hiring manager
    No hard questions, mostly behavior questions
    Amgen really wants people who have experience or passion for health care, be ready to answer "why Amgen"
    Also get to know their products and industry trend is important
    Very relaxed interview, casual

Interview Questions

• What's your previous experience that's applicable for the job I apply   Answer Question