Amgen Manufacturing Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amgen Manufacturing Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Amgen

2.8

Anonymous Employee in West Greenwich, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (West Greenwich, RI).

Interview

Round robin interview process but that was several years ago. Only 1 interview but I hear they now do round 2.

You get a tour most of the time

Interview Questions

• They asked the typical questions. Expect questions in regards to operational excellence   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Offer was great.

Other Interview Reviews for Amgen

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Greenwich, RI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (West Greenwich, RI) in May 2019.

Interview

I submitted an application online but also had an employee referral. I then received an email for an in-person interview within 1 to 2 weeks after I submitted the application. Interview dates offered were within the week and they offered 2 dates and times for me to choose.

Interview Questions

• Overall very typical interview questions. Some that I remember are as follows:

Tell me about yourself.
      Why Amgen? Why do you want to work here?
      Why should we hire you?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What is your ideal team and employer like?
      Can you describe a time when you made a suggestion to improve workflow?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Greenwich, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (West Greenwich, RI) in June 2019.

Interview

The interview process was extremely gratifying. I applied, through LinkedIn, at the end of May 2019. Received my invitation for a phone screening soon after. I had expected a 15-minute screening, but mine lasted only 5 mins (typical questions: salary expectations, why Amgen, expected start date, etc.). 4 days after, I received my invitation for the in-person panel at Amgen's West Greenwich location. Given that I was out of state, Amgen graciously offered to cover flight, hotel, car and other expenses during my trip (these were all handled by Amgen's travel consultant). Upon arriving for the interview, I was greeted by the Administrative head, and taken to a conference room where I was met by 2 other panelists. Seemed to be a round-robin format (30-minute interview, 2 rounds). Interviewers made me feel very comfortable and were extremely personable and friendly. Did not feel any pressure. Typically this is unheard of for interviews, but Amgen's culture mitigated any of that negativity. There seemed to be a great emphasis on my desire to learn and interpersonal skills. Afterward promptly finishing within 1 hour, I was escorted out by one of the manager's. He gave me time to ask questions that I did not feel comfortable asking during the panel sessions. Received my offer a few days later. Benefits are next to none, so grateful.

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amgen (Boulder, CO) in April 2011.

Interview

It was a long process applying multiple times and writing emailing calling and submitting my resume.
    As I did not fit the general criteria for biotech it took them longer to see that I did have experience in other areas that could be useful. Interview was good lots of details and questions that arre general as well as specific to my experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiating..did receive a fair offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Greenwich, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amgen (West Greenwich, RI) in June 2015.

Interview

They called for on site interview and flew me there and booked car and hotel. Everyone was friendly I wish I got that job it. the environment there looked very appealing

Interview Questions

• Typical questions, and a half hour they call it stupid questions which they have no answer but they try to determine your character I guess.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Juncos, PR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amgen (Juncos, PR) in February 2011.

Interview

Very friendly environment, very professional staff and very insightful questions. Was fairly easy and bilingual, but always maintaining the questions about your knowledge and previous experiences. Definitely made you feel comfortable even when it is a always stressful moment.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a situation with another co-worker?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Interview

In person interview that lasted a day and they asked me many questions and they took me out to lunch which was good and all the spaghetti and lots of questions about jobs

Anonymous Employee in West Greenwich, RI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (West Greenwich, RI) in October 2017.

Interview

***Disclaimer: this was for a contract position through the recruiting agency, not a FTE position with Amgen. They typically hire as contract and move people to full-time after they know they like you***
    I was contacted by a recruiting agency to see if I was interested in the position. There was a brief phone call to confirm I had the skills required for the job and that I was interested in the job. I was contacted again after about a week to schedule an in person interview on site at Amgen within the week.
    The interview was very straight forward. It was conducted by 2 shift managers (one of them would be my boss and the other was from another shift) and the senior manager for manufacturing. Very common interview questions, nothing that was too far out of the norm.
    I actually heard back about the position and was offered the job the very next day but I didn't start work for another ~3 weeks due to the processing time of paperwork through the recruiting agency.

Anonymous Employee in West Greenwich, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amgen (West Greenwich, RI) in May 2014.

Interview

It was pretty tough, they definitely want the best employees possible, they expect top quality and that showed in the interview process. The interviewers were all friendly but they made clear how they expect their employees to work. I felt comfortable and they did not make me feel intimidated.

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with operations manager followed by on-site interview to meet the team and see the facilities. The interview process was fairly simple and very straightforward. The interviewers were nice and seemed very intelligent.

Interview Questions

• What I did at my previous company. My background and experience.   Answer Question