Amgen Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amgen Project Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Amgen

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Bombarded with 8 interviews in one day no matter the level of the position. Instead of having a panel asking questions, you meet with each person individually and they end up asking the same questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were handed a project which was due at the same time as your other bosses' projects.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Wanted to pay not much higher than making as a previous temp. Asked for quite a bit more that was the same the other full time employees were making. Stood my ground and they offered me what I originally asked for. Very busy, stressful environmental/bosses so your are worth a high level of pay.

Other Interview Reviews for Amgen

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

Phone Screen followed by a face 2 face. Total wait period Interview to job: 3 weeks. Enough time to prepare if required.Freindly folks all around. Great campus. Great atmosphere. Point to point questions about real time scenarios, PM Challenges, Scope Creep situations, Resolving Risks & Issues. Vendor Management, Reporting structures, corporate communication skills etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

They do behavioral interviews that can last all day with the entire team. They generally meet for an hour at a time depending on your job that you are applying for. You have meetings with the team and then with one with the hr manager and then generally you will end with the director. They also can take you around campus so that you get a feel of the environment.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to tell someone bad news or name a time when you were working cross functionally and how did that go?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amgen in March 2014.

Interview

Brief interviews with three different people. Not very intense. Basic interview questions. Since project was new I did most of the talking and asked what exactly they needed.

Interview Questions

• Relative experience. Conflict resolution. Deadline and multitasking ability.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

Several 1:1 interviews throughout the day. Interviews were with all levels from co-worker through Executive Management. Start with phone screening and then actual face-to-face interview. They will typically fly you to the site for interview.

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (South San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview and then on-site interview. Met with direct manager and then ancillary management that were site-specific and internal customers of the department I was interviewing with. The site I interviewed at was fiercely independent of the corporate office (located in Thousand Oaks). Priorities did not always align and I even got a sense of that disconnect during my interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding cross-functional background and ability to interact with scientific customers and end-users. Questions regarding personality and best work environment.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen in July 2017.

Interview

I went through multiple interviews. The first was over the phone with someone I presume works in the department doing the hiring. This interview was strangely short and mostly focused on the details of my resume. I was contacted shortly after the first interview by an HR representative who confirmed details of the position, basic benefit package, and to arrange a face to face interview. At the face to face interview, I had two 45 minute one-on-one interviews with two director level people. Again, these interviews were strangely informal. The first was interested in whether I worked with certain people he has worked with in the past. The second focused on high level project management philosophy.

I have not heard anything from Amgen following the on-site interviews.

Interview Questions

• One of the interviewers was very interested in who I have worked with in the past. I was not sure whether confirming I have worked with some of these people would be a positive or a negative.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

Good, standard interview process. Nothing unique compared to other reviews. Consisted of HR phone screen (30min), Hiring Manager phone interview (30min), and 1 half-day on-site interview with various team members.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

Phone interview was a smooth process. The questions we basic and straight to the point. All they want to know Is what that position and how do your skills apply to that position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here &
      Questions about your work experience.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2012.

Interview

Very organised and courteously done. Interviewers were on time and very motivated about their roles. The process was very pleasant. The questions were relevant and not tricky. All interviews were conducted in one room, so I did not have to find my way around. Questions focussed on skills and fit.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.