Amgen Research Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amgen Research Associate Interview Questions

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process was overall very friendly and insightful, with most of the questions being pertinent to the position. Some interviewers were very prickly, however, and asked hyper-specific questions about processes outside of the position being interviewed for. If you go in and know your own resume and the factors that they're looking for in the position, it shouldn't be too stressful.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you fixed an experiment relating to the position?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amgen

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Contacted shortly after I submitted my resume to a recruiting company. I had 1 phone interview that was roughly an hour. I was then invited to a half day interview, where I toured the campus and had 5 one on one interviews that lasted roughly 30-45 minutes each. I was hired one week later, and begin week after that. Over all the process was smooth and efficient

Interview Questions

• I received many technical questions regarding my work with proteins, DNA, etc. I was asked to explain in depth any research projects I have been apart of any publications of which I am a co-author   1 Answer

Negotiation

Wast any negotiation because it was a temp. position, but I was happy with the salary

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amgen (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Involved basic but fundamental questions about chemistry/biochemistry background. They wanted a plan about my future etc, (i.e where do you see yourself 5 years down the line).

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult or unexpected.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very straight-forward. I asked for their offer and sent in my preference and they agreed.

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

First was a phone screen by HR followed by a scheduled full day interview at the head quarters in Thousand Oaks. This is unusual now since most hiring is done at the SF site for SF workers but some people may still need to travel to S. CA to interview. I was scheduled all day from 8-5 and over lunch so I barely ate anything. Definitely ask to see the labs, with any lab job this is one of the most important interview questions. We currently would never hire anyone for a lab job that doesn't have any interest in seeing the labs during the interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to define pKa and give an example of the pKa of an acid. It was very straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They gave me a low salary and I was able to negotiate $5000 more based on average pay for the position in the area.

Research Associate Interview

Interview

Got in through a referral . The interview was very easy and basic. Not much to worry about they only check your communication skills.

I got other better offers.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amgen in December 2010.

Interview

phonescreen not hard, hopefully onsite will come along