Amgen Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amgen Sales Interview Questions

4.0

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Amgen (Tucson, AZ) in June 2009.

Interview

The process began simply enough. On line application then standard phone screen . I had two employee recommendations and an individualized letter from my most recent manager who knew the hiring manager. I met with the hiring manager locally two separate times. The first time just a seemingly simple get to know you. The second a full presentation on who I am and why I am an excellent choice. I did a power point presentation with sales results, graphics, performance reviews, customer comments...full blown and seemingly well received. Then went to Los Angeles for two interviews. One again with the hiring manager . This time he required a full presentation , complete with mock up visual aid on the yet to be approved product. NExt interview was with another manager but more of a STAR format looking back at my handling of previous challenges. Then it was wait wait wait. They hired two candidates after a few months ( August or September) but then kept a pool waiting until October. They never did hire for the 3rd position and currently the drug is not approved.

Interview Questions

• How do get from competent to exceptional?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amgen

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen in July 2009.

Interview

Phone interview
    Manager calls
    Face to face

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary offer was close to previous job. Negotiate and ask for more!