Amgen Senior Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amgen Senior Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Amgen

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Easy, phone interview with the manager, then in-person with Manager and Director. Not norm, generally very complicated interview process. Generally, panel interviews that can take an entire day. Generally multiple interviews throughout the day. Meet with all levels and groups.

Interview Questions

• Tell me past experience as a project manager   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amgen

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Cambridge, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

- HR contacted via email to schedule interview. -HR round for all the necessary information.-Hiring manger round. -on site interview for around 6 hrs with everyone in the group and had 1:1 with everyone which include mostly technical question.

Interview Questions

• technical questions for most of the part   1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

Telephone interview. Standard questions about experience, but not much time to ask my own questions. I was able to ask one question before the interview ended due to time constraints. All the job postings for this area appear similar in casting a wide net to see what they can grab, which means they have not really solidly decided on what they need or want for the roles they are posting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

Had a 2 hour interview with the manager and team. At the end they told me I would get an answer in 2 weeks. After a little over 2 weeks I got a call asking for references. Three days after that I was notified they went with a candidate with more direct experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with a member of your team?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

Got an email for onsite interview. Had many interview iterations. Lengthy process.
    They gave a behavior evaluation survey (very long).
    I didn't like the hiring process; but after the offer company welcomes there employees very well.

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (South San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied online. A week later I was called by the hiring manager, a scientist in the group that the position belonged to. We chatted for an hour about my research and she said it would take two weeks for them to get back to me. They got back to me the same day and asked to arrange an onsite interview. The onsite interview was a day long and consisted of half hour interviews with 16 different scientists. Most of them wanted me to talk about my past experience and ask them questions. So have questions prepared. I went to dinner the same day with the hiring manager and a scientist within the group. I got a verbal offer a week later, pending background check of course. And a written offer a week and a half later.

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Amgen in July 2012.

Interview

Interview process was incredibly slow; after submission via online Amgen account, I didn't hear back for over three months. Phone screening with hiring manager led to HR recruiter settting up an all-day, multiple person set of interviews about three weeks later. Offer was extended about a month after interview, and then three weeks of background check before I could actually start working.

Interview Questions

• Very generic set of questions. Mostly focused on whether or not I would be a good fit with the group, not my experience or knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Brief; no negotiation (this was my fist job. I would definitely negotiate now.)

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

Healthy balance of technical and behavioral.The process was a day long with mix of one on ones and a group lunch. There's a tour of the facility as well. People were easy to talk to and therefore the process was stress free for the most part.

Interview Questions

• Some Chemical engineering basics. Mass balance equations.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I worked as a contractor and found out about a position internally. I applied through the web portal and got an interview with the Senior scientist in charge of the group. I interviewed with the team members I would be working with (half hour blocks with ~6 people) went to lunch with folks I would be working with and got the job about 2-3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions about experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Seattle, WA) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview included five by one hour sessions with various people. Some were one on one, and other sessions were panel interviews. The interview included lunch at a local restaurant.