Amgen Senior Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amgen Senior Engineer Interview Questions

3.8

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I got the hiring manager's phone interview first, then HR interviewed me after about 2-3 months and asked some basic questions. I flew to LA for the onsite interviews. 6 people interviewed me, each one took 30 min-50 min. Some interviewers didn't prepare for the interviews at all, and reviewed my resume in front of me, some even asked me which position I was interviewing for and asked questions randomly. I felt some of the interviewers were not interested in me, or maybe they don't care it at all, they just want to listen to the hiring manager's decision. After two weeks, I emailed the hiring manager to ask about the updated, no response. Obviously I am not selected, I think I didn't answer hiring managers' questions well.

Interview Questions

• questions were based on the past experience. Describe how did I resolve some issues,etc. Are more like behavior questions. Communication between interviewee and interviewer is important.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amgen

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Was great but very intense meeting lot of people. very positive team members. asked all the right questions and hard questions. looked for specific examples. had to substantiate my experience with examples.

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

Internal Interview - 6 interviews, 30 minutes to one hour with one to two people each time

Position: Senior Engineer, Automation

Questions:
    Why do you want this position?
    Explain S88
    Explain gAMP
    Explain the difference between DeltaV, Rockwell, Honeywell, PLC, etc
    Why is process knowledge important in automation?

Interview Questions

• Explain the difference between a module supervisor and an equipment module   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

internal transfer - promotion panel interview followed by a few one on ones, and then a presentation based on technical and personal success stories. Then, was grilled by the audience. very intense.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you vs. the next guy. what are you bringing to the table that we cannot get somewhere else.   Answer Question

Negotiation

very little negotiation possible. it is Amgen