Amgen Senior Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amgen Senior Manager Interview Questions

3.5

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

It seemed like a fairly typical interview process for a corporate position: pre-screen with the recruiter, phone interview with the hiring manager, a day of interviews (30 min - 1 hour) on-site with potential colleagues. The culture is very welcoming and that was clear during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to implement an unpopular idea.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amgen

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

Recruiter coordinated with internal team. Each was roughly 30-45 minutes in length. Met 1:1 with colleagues and future internal clients. Standard interview process. Recruiter provided feedback on following day and was followed by internal recruiting agent to review the benefits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

I had a short phone interview, which apparently went well as I received a call the next day requesting I come in for a series of three interviews - panel and 1:1 - lasting approximately a half day. The interview was very relaxed with very basic questions. I left feeling as though I did not perform as well as I have in the past. I felt as though I mimicked their relaxed, laid back style, and it felt as though that may not have been the best decision, but based on the questions, structure, and feedback, I really was not sure. While I can understand not getting the job - Amgen is highly competitive, and I believe I could have performed much better - I never heard another peep from them. I had read another interview review on Glassdoor that said the reviewer never received a response of any kind after a full day, on-site interview, and I thought that was incredibly weird and had to be a fluke. I understand hearing nothing when you apply and are not selected, but once you have had actual interviews - especially face-to-face - I would believe you should receive some sort of communication - even an email. I have never experienced anything like this before. Just like the other reviewer, I never received any contact. I sent Thank You emails the day after the interview and received one response that was positive from one of the interviewers, and I followed up with the Hiring Manager two weeks after the interview, and I have never received any response, nor have I had any communication from HR. It is very strange and extremely disappointing. I expected more from Amgen.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

I had a telephone interview with HR and then with the hiring manager, which went exceptionally well. Afterwards, they flew me out to Thousand Oaks to interview with 4 Directors, a manager and the Executive Director (ED) of the group. They asked both situational (STAR) and background questions. I had lunch with the ED and that interview was very casual. On a scale of 0 (horrible) to 10 (outstanding) I felt like I fell in around a 7.5. I was a bit overqualified for the position. Oddly enough, I never heard back from the company regarding the position. One would think that they would at least send out a "thanks but we decided to go with someone else" email, but nope--nothing. At least they reimbursed me for my out of pocket costs to interview. They don't send a car to pick you up at the airport, so be prepared to pay approximately $150 out of pocket each way to travel between the airport and the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with someone--how did you handle it and what was the outcome? Tell me about your experience to date.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

Be prepared for interviews with multiple people. Generally these will be either individuals on the team or other colleagues / client areas that you may regular interactions with. It's generally a good portion of the day interfacing with lots of people.

The interview process is generally behavior based (Tell me about a time when...). Provide succinct and concrete examples. I would suggest using a STAR (Situation Task Action Result) method to answer questions when possible.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a challenge you had to meet. What did you do, who did you meet etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

First interviewed over the phone then was invited for an on-site interview.
    I interviewed with 7-8 people throughout the day and were asked various questions that were mostly related to the position. The interviews were more focused on personality than specific skills. However, several discussion topics were about how to solve current challenges that Amgen are facing which was somewhat skill tests.

Interview Questions

• If I were to call your manager, how would he/she describe you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

My interview lasted an entire day from 7 am to 7 pm. I had a chance to meet and talk with selected team members. More than the technical knowledge they were interested in understanding the compatibility of the candidate with the team.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a non-academic achievement that you are proud of.
      Talk about a difficult situation you faced while dealing with your superior and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

2-3 phone interviews in quick succession; 1 day of on-site interviews, some 1:1 and some panel interviews; good experience overall, some more or less informative; no grilling involved; no presentation necessary

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Hiring manager emailed me directly, not HR. Had a few conversations over the phone before being invited for the interview. Interview was 1-1/2 days, and met with 10-15 people. Long interview, but all were very polite, and nobody really tried to test or ask very difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying to this job, since your background is much different   1 Answer

Negotiation

They make good offers, and don't negotiate. If you try to come back to get the offer increased, HR just says that the offer is very good, and they can't do any better.

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

It was brutal, the interviews lasted a whole day on a Friday from 8:30 AM to 6 PM, followed by 3 other interviews on Monday. Total about 23 people interviewed me, at the end I did get the job, and accepted

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fair offer was made, no need to negotiate