Amgen Interview Questions in Thousand Oaks, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 29, 2017

3.1

Device Quality Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

Applied online, No response from the in house recruiters. Got the interview through a recruiter. A brief phone interview with the internal recruiter first followed by another phone interview with the hiring manager. Then onsite interview with the hiring manager and the team. Depending on who the hiring manager is, the interviewee may end up with different members of the interview team and the level of interview difficulty. For device QA role, you may get members of Engineering interview you. But the funny thing is that for Engineering positions, QA is never part of their interview process.

Interview Questions

• Describe design control process. Verification vs Validation.   Answer Question

Contract Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Very organized and smooth process from start to finish. It was made possible through Inventiv Health recruiter who arranged everything. Nice office and warm people. I would love to work there.

Interview Questions

• Why Amgen? Do you have experience in "Buy and Bill"? Tell me an experience in organizing events? How do you prepare for a sales call?   Answer Question

Finance Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I interviewed for first round on campus and then invited to the campus in CA for the second round. Everyone in the company is relaxed and nice. They kickoff with a presentation then 4 30mins interview with the director and managers in the department. Overall very relaxing experience.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through my college's career website and was invited to a first round interview on campus consisting of two different interviews (both technical and behavioral questions). Invited to a super day on Amgen's campus which involved four consecutive interviews.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

It seemed like a fairly typical interview process for a corporate position: pre-screen with the recruiter, phone interview with the hiring manager, a day of interviews (30 min - 1 hour) on-site with potential colleagues. The culture is very welcoming and that was clear during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to implement an unpopular idea.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

Recruiter coordinated with internal team. Each was roughly 30-45 minutes in length. Met 1:1 with colleagues and future internal clients. Standard interview process. Recruiter provided feedback on following day and was followed by internal recruiting agent to review the benefits.

CDM Systems Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

Full day of interviews located in Thousand Oaks. Three separate panels. Included cross functional representation (DM, Ops, Biostats, QA). Flew down for the day with a car pick up/return at the airport. Well- planned and well-executed with clearly informed team members. Keen interest in selecting the right candidate was shown.

Interview Questions

• Specific questions were raised around regulatory requirements spanning several areas unrelated to the role. Very confusing in the moment.   1 Answer

Biostatistics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

First I got a phone screen with the hiring manager and it's mentioned that they are bring me to an onsite interview. I had the onsite about 2 weeks after the phone screen. Had a lot of 1 : 1 sessions with potential coworkers. I gave a 45-minute presentation in the end. The feedback was positive. People were very nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit more on your dissertation project.   Answer Question
    • Some behavioral questions: what's your strength/weakness? What's your most significant accomplishment so fat?   Answer Question

Quality Control Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interviewer were pretty professional and seemed like nice people. They asked standard technical and behavioral questions. When they tell you anout the company and role they leave out important information such as, you can potentially be transferred to another department at any given time.

Interview Questions

• How do I handle a difficult co-worker.   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

1) Phone Interview
    I was contacted by PI. He did not even write an email but directly had a phone conversation/interview. After describing (still took ~ 1 Hr or so ) my thesis work and postdoctoral work, he said someone from HR will be in contact to set up In-person interview.
    2) Contacted by HR and described their benefits/salary range
    The process was very smooth- nothing special. She explained about some of the benefits and salary range.
    3) In house Interview
    The process was very long and stressful.
    It started out with ~3 phone conversation (connecting its SF HQ) roughly 30 minutes long. Some of the PIs were friendly, the others were a bit rude. Some of the questions asked by the Pis were difficult-

Interview Questions

• Personality Questions
      Why do you want to come to Amgen
      Technical questions related to your field.
      Answer Question