Amgen Interview Questions in Thousand Oaks, CA | Glassdoor

3.1

118 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with operations manager followed by on-site interview to meet the team and see the facilities. The interview process was fairly simple and very straightforward. The interviewers were nice and seemed very intelligent.

Interview Questions

• What I did at my previous company. My background and experience.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with the hiring manager, phone screen with an HR recruiter, and then three 1-hour panel interviews with senior engineers and managers. Questions were mostly either behavioral or about my background, past work experience, interests, etc. I had the opportunity to ask many of my own questions and learn about the open position in detail.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced a challenge at work and how you approached and resolved it.   Answer Question

Analytics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Round1: Recruiter phone screening
    R2: About 2 months after the R1, email to ask me to select available tech interview dates and had a 30-minute tech interview. Asked about SQL questions, rate your SQL level. Asked about your past projects..How much do you know about payer, PBM etc.
    Rr3: On site, met 6 people. One potential client, 2 senior managers, 2 directors. They are all in the same department.

Interview Questions

• One director showed me a problem that their business was facing with, asked me to brainstorm the solution....   1 Answer

Advanced Device Innovations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I had a 25-minute phone interview with technical questions and questions relating to the experience listed on my resume. I also answered questions about the analytical instruments listed on my resume.

Device Quality Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

Applied online, No response from the in house recruiters. Got the interview through a recruiter. A brief phone interview with the internal recruiter first followed by another phone interview with the hiring manager. Then onsite interview with the hiring manager and the team. Depending on who the hiring manager is, the interviewee may end up with different members of the interview team and the level of interview difficulty. For device QA role, you may get members of Engineering interview you. But the funny thing is that for Engineering positions, QA is never part of their interview process.

Interview Questions

• Describe design control process. Verification vs Validation.   Answer Question

Contract Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Very organized and smooth process from start to finish. It was made possible through Inventiv Health recruiter who arranged everything. Nice office and warm people. I would love to work there.

Interview Questions

• Why Amgen? Do you have experience in "Buy and Bill"? Tell me an experience in organizing events? How do you prepare for a sales call?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

It seemed like a fairly typical interview process for a corporate position: pre-screen with the recruiter, phone interview with the hiring manager, a day of interviews (30 min - 1 hour) on-site with potential colleagues. The culture is very welcoming and that was clear during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to implement an unpopular idea.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through my college's career website and was invited to a first round interview on campus consisting of two different interviews (both technical and behavioral questions). Invited to a super day on Amgen's campus which involved four consecutive interviews.

Finance Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I interviewed for first round on campus and then invited to the campus in CA for the second round. Everyone in the company is relaxed and nice. They kickoff with a presentation then 4 30mins interview with the director and managers in the department. Overall very relaxing experience.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

Recruiter coordinated with internal team. Each was roughly 30-45 minutes in length. Met 1:1 with colleagues and future internal clients. Standard interview process. Recruiter provided feedback on following day and was followed by internal recruiting agent to review the benefits.