Amica Mutual Associate Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.7

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amica Mutual (Lincoln, RI) in August 2017.

Interview

My alma mater hosted a virtual career fair and I attended it and found Amica. I spoke with a recruiter there and my interest was captured about the associate account manager position. From there she scheduled a phone interview, then a webcam interview. At the end of the interview, I was given a writing test to take. Additionally, a background check was performed and I had to speak with two account managers at Amica about their experiences at the company. A week later, I got a call about flying me out to RI. The staff was really great in arranging my flight and hotel. The day of my interview, I had breakfast at Amica headquarters with two other interviewees. The staff was very friendly and everyone was so welcoming! I interviewed with three staff members. Within a week I was called and offered a job!

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you have a tough decision to make?   1 Answer
  • Describe your writing style.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amica Mutual

Associate Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amica Mutual in February 2017.

Interview

I provided my resume to them via my school's OCR and on their site. After I submitted my resume, I received an email from the recruiter to meet up with Amica reps at my career fair, which I did. Right after I spoke to the reps, I received an email to schedule an interview for the next day.

The first round interview took about half an hour. I was asked behavioral questions, what I knew about the position, and about my background. It felt like the recruiter/interviewer was very eager to move me to the next round and was super friendly. Overall, it felt pretty conversational and open. I was also told what my base salary would be and some stuff about benefits.

Next, I was given a timed writing assessment online. Very easy. Nothing to worry about. About two weeks after submitting, Amica emailed me to schedule a final round in Providence, RI.

Ultimately, decided to not go to final rounds and accepted an offer from another firm.

Interview Questions

• For the final round, you will be given contact info for account managers currently working at Amica. You'll have to call them and ask questions about their experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amica Mutual (Lincoln, RI) in December 2016.

Interview

I met with a Amica rep at my career fair and scheduled an on campus interview. After that interview, I was immediately told that she wanted me to move to the next round. I was asked to submit a few writing samples responding to a timed prompt and complete a background check. A month or two later, I was contacted and given the specifics for my final interview at the HQ in Lincoln. Before this interview, I had to contact two Amica Account managers and talk about the position. At the final interview I had breakfast, three one on one interviews and then lunch. They offered me the position the next morning.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example in which you dealt with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Associate Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amica Mutual.

Interview

They were at a job fair and I went up to speak with them. They took my resume and asked if I had time the next day for an interview. I showed up and the woman interviewing me was very dismissive. Seemed to dislike me from the start and in turn I decided this wasn't a company I'd like to work for. I was in and out within 15 minutes, so I knew I wasn't going to get an offer.

She asked mostly customer service based questions. "Name a time when...."

Associate Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amica Mutual in November 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview and a week later a video interview. They want you to know the company and the position inside and out for the video interview.
    I was told that I'd hear back in a week, and when I didn't, I checked my status on their career page and it said onsite interview, but a week later I got a generic no thank you email. Very disappointing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Amica Mutual (Lincoln, RI) in November 2015.

Interview

First you do a one-on-one interview with a recruiter. If you pass they make you submit a writing sample. Third round interview they fly you to Lincoln, RI and you have 3 round robin style interview with people in the company. Before you get to Lincoln, RI you have to call 4 Account Managers and do informational interviews with them. It was an extensive process to not even receive an offer at the end. Pretty unsure what they're looking for, and am still not sure exactly what the job would've been. They just said "motivating a team" and underwriting.

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amica Mutual (Lincoln, RI) in October 2015.

Interview

Initial interview was in person on my college campus with a recruiter the following day after meeting her. The interview was a "get to know you" type of interview where they look to see what you know about the company. Next round was at headquarters in Rhode Island which consisted of a half day tour and 3 in-person interviews that are of medium difficulty that require high energy and thoughtful answers. Company tends to reach out quickly when interested in hiring.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to lead something   1 Answer

Associate Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amica Mutual in September 2015.

Interview

They came to our on-campus job fair, gave me a short 5 min interview after talking to one of the employees there for a while. From there they asked me to interview with them on-campus again and told right after that interview that they wanted to move forward. They checked my background, and asked for a writing sample, before they scheduled the final interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were faced with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amica Mutual (Athens, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

Met with a recruiter on campus and was asked a bunch of different behavioral style questions. Seemed like a good company to work for however they will not tell you where you get placed until after you go through training,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amica Mutual (Providence, RI) in March 2015.

Interview

College Career Fair for Future Leader Program. Talked to recruiter during event, got an interview the next day which was really simple asked about how you would deal with situations. Basically it was a screener to see that the interviewee can speak and articulate their answers well. Then was flown to HQ and interviewed by three senior management personnel. My advice to with the HQ interview try to be as positive as possible and talk to everyone there-- which shouldn't be too hard as they are friendly. A little humor was appreciated, but know the companies history and know they have a serious obsession with their JD Power awards.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to relocate anywhere in the US that Amica has an office?   1 Answer