Amica Mutual Associate Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amica Mutual Associate Account Manager Interview Questions

Updated Dec 29, 2016

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amica Mutual (Lincoln, RI) in December 2016.

Interview

I met with a Amica rep at my career fair and scheduled an on campus interview. After that interview, I was immediately told that she wanted me to move to the next round. I was asked to submit a few writing samples responding to a timed prompt and complete a background check. A month or two later, I was contacted and given the specifics for my final interview at the HQ in Lincoln. Before this interview, I had to contact two Amica Account managers and talk about the position. At the final interview I had breakfast, three one on one interviews and then lunch. They offered me the position the next morning.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example in which you dealt with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amica Mutual

Associate Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amica Mutual.

Interview

They were at a job fair and I went up to speak with them. They took my resume and asked if I had time the next day for an interview. I showed up and the woman interviewing me was very dismissive. Seemed to dislike me from the start and in turn I decided this wasn't a company I'd like to work for. I was in and out within 15 minutes, so I knew I wasn't going to get an offer.

She asked mostly customer service based questions. "Name a time when...."

Associate Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amica Mutual in November 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview and a week later a video interview. They want you to know the company and the position inside and out for the video interview.
    I was told that I'd hear back in a week, and when I didn't, I checked my status on their career page and it said onsite interview, but a week later I got a generic no thank you email. Very disappointing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Amica Mutual (Lincoln, RI) in November 2015.

Interview

First you do a one-on-one interview with a recruiter. If you pass they make you submit a writing sample. Third round interview they fly you to Lincoln, RI and you have 3 round robin style interview with people in the company. Before you get to Lincoln, RI you have to call 4 Account Managers and do informational interviews with them. It was an extensive process to not even receive an offer at the end. Pretty unsure what they're looking for, and am still not sure exactly what the job would've been. They just said "motivating a team" and underwriting.

Associate Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amica Mutual in September 2015.

Interview

They came to our on-campus job fair, gave me a short 5 min interview after talking to one of the employees there for a while. From there they asked me to interview with them on-campus again and told right after that interview that they wanted to move forward. They checked my background, and asked for a writing sample, before they scheduled the final interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were faced with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amica Mutual (Athens, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

Met with a recruiter on campus and was asked a bunch of different behavioral style questions. Seemed like a good company to work for however they will not tell you where you get placed until after you go through training,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amica Mutual (Providence, RI) in March 2015.

Interview

College Career Fair for Future Leader Program. Talked to recruiter during event, got an interview the next day which was really simple asked about how you would deal with situations. Basically it was a screener to see that the interviewee can speak and articulate their answers well. Then was flown to HQ and interviewed by three senior management personnel. My advice to with the HQ interview try to be as positive as possible and talk to everyone there-- which shouldn't be too hard as they are friendly. A little humor was appreciated, but know the companies history and know they have a serious obsession with their JD Power awards.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to relocate anywhere in the US that Amica has an office?   1 Answer

Associate Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amica Mutual.

Interview

Called for a phone screening, then first round video interview. I was told to call in using my phone as well so it was really hard to hear at some points. I thought the questions were very standard and overall an easy interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Amica Mutual (Lincoln, RI) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview process started when Amica came to my campus for the career fair. The next day I was asked to meet on campus for a one on one interview with the same recruiter I talked to at the fair. Then I was asked to submit a driving record check as well as an essay. They then flew me out to Rhode Island where I had an interview with 3 executives. They called me on the way home and offered me the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Salary was set in stone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amica Mutual (Providence, RI) in March 2012.

Interview

I handed my resume and spoke to an Amica representative at my university carreer fair and was quickly contacted to come into the local branch (which also happened to be HQ) for an inperson interview. The interview was fairly basic, I was specifically asked how my experience as an RA would or could apply to the position I was applying for. It lasted a total of 20 minutes or so and was informed that I had moved onto the next round. This required me to submit a writing sample and a background check (which I passed). After another phone interview I was given the contact information for 3 other Amica employees that had completed the training program and were already on the job. I did have some difficulty getting in touch with one of them, but I contacted my recruiter and let her know that this employee was actually on vacation. After getting the contact information for several other employees, I then spoke with all of them (even though I did not have to, only two were required). For the final round, I was brough into HQ with 2 other applicants for a forman panel interterview. These were V.P.'s or other various department heads and they focused on how I would handle adversity, time contraints and difficulty situations. Relocation is heavily emphasized, and I believe mentioning that my mother is in ill health truly hurt my chances.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had competing deadlines, and how did you get everything done?   1 Answer