Amrock Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Amrock

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amrock.

Interview

I reached out to a recruiter at a Job fair. From there he was able to hook me up with a team that had current opening. Then I was sent some programming related questions. Upon solving them, I was called in for in person interview.

Associate Corporate Counsel Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amrock in May 2017.

Interview

I was first interview by a quicken loans recruiter( title source is owned by the same investment company as title source). We spoke for about 30 mins, they were mostly general background questions. The recruiter called me the same day stating he had submitted my resume to the title source recruiter. The same recruiter emailed me with a schedule phone interview and the contact information of the title source recruiter. A couple of days later I spoke with the title source recruiter who asked me general background questions very similar to the first interview. He submitted my info to the hiring manager who did not want to proceed with an interview

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to move to the Detroit area? Why title source? What do you know about titlesource?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amrock (Detroit, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

The recruitment process was conducted by Quicken Loans. They called me 2-3 times and asked few behavioral and other general questions about my education, career goals, schedules etc. Finally, after 2-3 weeks the HR told me that there is a opportunity for Software developer intern and if I was interested. I said Yes and he scheduled a technical interview over conference call. 3-4 people from Title Source technology team were on the phone for the interview. They asked me questions on .NET framework, object-oriented programming and some behavioral questions as well. I answered almost 80% of technical questions. The next day HR called again and said I was selected. They sent offer letter in a few days.

CIA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amrock (Detroit, MI).

Interview

The process to apply was super easy, just a resume and contact info. No lengthy application form until an offer was out.

I had a screening interview with a Quicken Loans followed up with a regular phone interview. I then had a phone interview with some team leaders which led to an in person interview. The recruiter was very helpful with setting up parking in Detroit as well as showing me around the offices a bit. The in person interview was with the entire team which took me by surprise. It was an enjoyable experience though.

Interview Questions

• What's one of your weaknesses and what are you doing to improve on it?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview process was very quick and everyone I was in contact with was very friendly and also vet helpful. I applied in late November and got an offer by mid December. The interview questions were standard and mostly to see if I would fit in with the culture

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to deal with an unexpected event in the workplace   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amrock (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied via recruiter of Quicken Loans found on LinkediN. firstly I had one HR round where they asked very simple questions. Then after 3 weeks I had one technical interview along with HR again. one manager one software dev and one HR. all three were present in the conference call.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amrock (Detroit, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

The recruitment process came through the family of companies' general recruitment process, and involved a couple phone interviews in which they asked the typical standard interview questions - your greatest strengths/weaknesses, a time you faced difficulties, etc. Once in the door and interviewing face-to-face, the process is much more personal.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself to make me choose you among all others, using only three words.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amrock (Detroit, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

First got call from Associate HR, then on the basis of his feedback .
    Second call from HR in 3 business days. after that for the final round got call in 4-5 business days.

Interview Questions

• What you think different in Agile than Waterfall model?   1 Answer

IT Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amrock (Detroit, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

I had 3 separate interviews for a Systems Engineer position. The first one was with the recruiter, the 2nd was a technical phone interview, & the third was an in-person interview with the team members and leaders. At that point I accepted a verbal offer pending a pre-employment background and credit check. I was also assigned a “Stamp of Approval” team member to help guide me through the background check process. After about 3 to 4 weeks I finally received a call from a Sr. HR “Talent Underwriter” stating they were rescinding the verbal offer after consulting with leadership.
    When I asked what factored into the decision she stated it was my credit report history (even though I had previously outlined my plan to repay and settle debts within 30 days). I then inquired how my credit history correlated to my job performance given my clean background check, great references, and an employee referral from Title Source. Her response was, "Even if the credit report is not directly related to potential job performance, we're a financial company." So basically what they told me was, "In our eyes your credit history is more important to us than your skillset, great references, and the valuable experience you'd bring to the company. Good luck and feel free to try again in the future!"
    For anyone considering working for Title Source (or any of the Quicken Loans Family of Companies) you should be aware of the following:
    1. Check your credit report & start making arrangements to pay any collection accounts and dispute errors. If you've had a bankruptcy or foreclosure in the past 10 years, be prepared to explain why.
    2. They will do a very thorough background check and ask you to explain any discrepancies that don't line up with what you put down in your application & resume. Make sure all of your job start/end dates match up and are as accurate as possible.
    3. Any certifications, continuing education, or degrees you listed in your resume and application will be verified, so no fibbing.
    4. Do NOT, under any circumstances, give notice to your current employer before actually signing & receiving a written offer (even if you've been given a start date as part of the verbal offer). Thankfully I didn’t say a word to my current employer and am still gainfully employed. I'm sure others who have had the rug pulled out from under them by the folks at QL weren't as lucky.
    5. Your social media profiles WILL be researched. If you wouldn't say it out loud in public then don't put it on a social media site. Use privacy controls to limit what information shows up in a Google search if you haven't done so already.
    6. If the “Stamp of Approval” QL team member says they’re sending you a copy of the background and credit check before making a final hiring decision, then they probably will NOT extend a written offer to you. The FRCA (Fair Reporting Credit Act) states a prospective employer has to send you a copy of the credit report and give you 5 days to dispute any errors or discrepancies before taking any “adverse action” (aka rescinding the verbal job offer). Use that time to review your report, dispute any errors with the Credit Reporting Agencies (Title Source used Transunion) and start your job search again.
    Advice to QL Leadership:

Using pre-employment credit checks creates a barrier to employment for many low and middle income families that are looking for better paying positions and upward economic mobility. QL touts itself as one of the leaders of the Detroit "Renaissance", however this hiring practice disproportionately affects many highly skilled individuals from obtaining employment within your family of companies. Take the time to raise your level of awareness and consider refining your internal policies when it comes to how much weight credit reports are given when making hiring decisions.

Interview Questions

Amrock Response

Aug 8, 2017 – Social Media/Recruiting Specialist

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate the level of detail you provided as we are always focused on our process & our candidates experience. If you would like to discuss your feedback further or... More

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amrock in March 2012.

Interview

Standard questions: how would you deal with an irate client

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't one

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amrock (Detroit, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through Glassdoor. H.R contacted me and asked some initial questions and then scheduled for telephonic interview. I had to complete programming challenge and there after face to face interview with 5-6 panelists.

Interview Questions

• * Software Architect Questions
      * OOP Questions
      * Design Patterns questions
      * Programing Test
      * Behavioral Questions
      * Other Technical questions based on your resume.   Answer Question