Amscot Financial Financial Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 6, 2017

2.3

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Services Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amscot Financial in May 2017.

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter. Interviewed at Amscot financial. They said not to arrive more than 15 minutes to your scheduled interview time. When you walk in you take a math test it has addition subtraction multiplication and percentages. You also have other papers about availability and credit check. You must have open availability from 6:30am-10pm. After you're done filling out all the paperwork and finish the test you then meet with the recruiter. She was very nice and made it very easy to answer questions so your not so nervous. I interviewed on Friday at 11:30am she said I should know back by Tuesday letting me know weather or not I was going to get offered a position. Saturday morning at 9am I received a call back from the recruiter saying they wanted to offer me a position. From there they email you paper work and you have to make sure you have everything done and ready by your first day of work. You have to take a drug test and send school transcripts in. There is also a 3 week training with daily test she had said. Now I am just waiting for my first day to start.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amscot Financial

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Amscot Financial (Tampa, FL).

Interview

It was a basic interview. You complete a couple of papers first about availability and authorizing the background screen, if selected. After that you sit with the recruiter for about 30 minutes and your done.

Interview Questions

• They asked about previous employers and availability to work the schedule.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oldsmar, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amscot Financial (Oldsmar, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

I filled out an application on Amscot's website. I was emailed by a recruiter asking me to come in for an interview in Oldsmar. I live in Brooksville. Before I agreed to the interview, I asked if the job was in Oldsmar or Hernando County, because that is where I live and the job position offered was in Hernando County. I was assured it was in Hernando. I went for the interview. The woman was very nice. I was given a math test. I was told I passed but honestly she barely looked at the test.

Interview Questions

• She asked me why I filled out the application, how would I handle conflict with a co-worker, what were my assets, etc. Pretty basic stuff.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amscot Financial (Brandon, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

You will have to take a simple math test prior to the interview. The interview was very simple with questions regarding my background and experience. The lady who interviewed me was really nice and the interview was quick. I did some research about the company prior to the meeting and Glassdoor was really helpful to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amscot Financial (Orlando, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was very short and direct. It took about 10 minutes. Recruiter typed my responses, there was not much interaction. The questions asked were basic interview questions. I would suggest that one do a bit of research of the company to help prepare for the interview. Also, asked questions to show interest. There is an easy math assessment given at the beginning of interview. Takes about 15 minutes to complete.

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amscot Financial (Sarasota, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Once you go in they have you sign papers, credit check, background check, that you understand what is required for the position. You take a quick math test (NO CALCULATOR). Then they ask you about your work history and why you left each place. They also ask what you are looking to make. (Online offer said $14-$17) They offered me position (contingent on background and credit check going through). Training is one week at either Tampa, Orlando, or Miami (whichever is closest to you). Then another 3 weeks of training at an actual Amscot location for hands-on training. At the end of training you must take an exam. (Training is paid).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amscot Financial (Tampa, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview was really quick .I was asked a few questions about employment history not to bad but before hand you will have to take a simple math test. Recruiter was really nice its takes about 1-3 business days to know if you were hired or not so I'm still currently waiting to hear from HR we shall see .

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amscot Financial (Orlando, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

You are given a small math test that you are to solve with no calculator prior to the interview (it's easy though, it merely tests your basic math skills). You are not told how you performed at all once you turn it in, and then the rest of the process proceeds as any other interview would: You are told what makes the company so great, and then you are asked questions.

I think it's funny that they try to sell you the employment opportunity as well... I should have picked up on it back then, but I needed the money. I often had the vibe that they were more desperate for an employee, than I was for a higher paying job.

They ask you briefly about your work experience before asking you some questions that are pretty much aimed at finding out how much of your life you're willing to give up. I'll post examples below.

Interview Questions

• Are you planning to go to school? (Translation: Is furthering your education going to interfere with your work schedule?)   1 Answer
    • Are you planning to start your own business?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amscot Financial (Orlando, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me via email and phone initially. We did a phone interview, then was called in for a face to face interview. There is a basic math assessment at the interview, and then I spoke with the recruiter about the position, and my previous positions at other companies. The recruiter told me about how they got to their position and how long it took. After about 30 minutes the interview was over. She told me that they would be in touch within 3-5 business days.

Interview Questions

• describe a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer, and what was the end result?   Answer Question

Financial Services Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Amscot Financial.

Interview

You interview with a recruiter/interviewer that strictly does that for a living. The person you interview with will NOT be your boss. You interview and they give you a basic math test that you must complete without a calculator and be scored on. After that they ask pretty standard interview questions and ask about hours and availability (which basically need to be any time). If you pass this interview they will schedule a drug test and then call to offer you the position if you passed all the steps. The pay is $14/hour, but you may be ale to negotiate $14.50. After that, you go to a group training class with the other new hires to learn procedures, practice counting out money, etc. You are paid minimum wage for the week of training. Your normal pay starts on Day one of work at your designated location (which can be pretty much anywhere in the district, and may change).

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a conflict and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated a $0.50 cent offer increase due to having a college degree (recent graduate). This was in 2010 when the economy was pretty rough. They have a pay range and the worst they can do is say no, so it does not hurt to ask.