Amscot Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.3

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hialeah, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amscot Financial (Hialeah, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online but didnt fully complete the application. Got a email to finish the application, finish the application got a call to do interview in 3 days. Went to the Amscot in Hialeah Store. Did a simple Math test got all right. Then right as i was about to do the interview the recruiter said she had an emergency and had to go so she would call me to reshedule the interview or do it over the phone. Got a call two days after to do the interview over the phone. Did the interview and i think i did pretty well. I felt good about it after it was finished. I was informed that they would do a credit check. Mind you my credit is young because i recently moved to the USA. The recruited told me i would get a email or a call to know if i was choosen. Got a call from the receuiter a week after saying she was still waiting on her superior to review the application. Then a email like 2 weeks after to say i was not choosen. I felt they made the decision based on my young credit and the fact that i was honest about me also being interviewed by Wels Fargo but was not formally informed why i didnt get the job. But within that 3 week period i was still job hunting. Got a job offer on the spot which im currently at.

Interview Questions

• Why do you wanna work at Amscot?
      Strength and Weakness?
      Have you been interviewed by anyone else but Amscott?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amscot Financial (Brandon, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

You will have to take a simple math test prior to the interview. The interview was very simple with questions regarding my background and experience. The lady who interviewed me was really nice and the interview was quick. I did some research about the company prior to the meeting and Glassdoor was really helpful to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amscot Financial (Orlando, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was very short and direct. It took about 10 minutes. Recruiter typed my responses, there was not much interaction. The questions asked were basic interview questions. I would suggest that one do a bit of research of the company to help prepare for the interview. Also, asked questions to show interest. There is an easy math assessment given at the beginning of interview. Takes about 15 minutes to complete.

Assistant Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Harbor, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amscot Financial (Palm Harbor, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

Met at a Branch with a recruiter who interviews you one on one. Reviewed experience etc. took a short basic math test and filled out documents. A few days later received an offer via e-mail and accepted it. Went for drug screening then two weeks of training and evaluation at the cooperate headquarters. A few folks did not pass this training and were let go. Then two weeks of in Branch training before moving to a location.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses   1 Answer

Fsa Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amscot Financial.

Interview

Easy, Math Exam, 2 weeks between interview and hiring. Interviewed with multiple people and a manager. A lot of explaining the role and feeling out my interest level. Individuals shared their experiences on different client engagements. Very candid about pros and cons of different engagements and expectations of junior analysts.

Interview Questions

• What is your weakness..............................................................................................................................................................................................   Answer Question

Financial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amscot Financial (Miami, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

first you get there and fill out some paper work including a short easy math skills test. then you have a quick basic interview with a recruiter. After that they submit your awnsers to a higher up and they decide if you should be hired, having never met you.

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amscot Financial (Sarasota, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Once you go in they have you sign papers, credit check, background check, that you understand what is required for the position. You take a quick math test (NO CALCULATOR). Then they ask you about your work history and why you left each place. They also ask what you are looking to make. (Online offer said $14-$17) They offered me position (contingent on background and credit check going through). Training is one week at either Tampa, Orlando, or Miami (whichever is closest to you). Then another 3 weeks of training at an actual Amscot location for hands-on training. At the end of training you must take an exam. (Training is paid).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amscot Financial (Tampa, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview was really quick .I was asked a few questions about employment history not to bad but before hand you will have to take a simple math test. Recruiter was really nice its takes about 1-3 business days to know if you were hired or not so I'm still currently waiting to hear from HR we shall see .

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amscot Financial (Orlando, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me via email and phone initially. We did a phone interview, then was called in for a face to face interview. There is a basic math assessment at the interview, and then I spoke with the recruiter about the position, and my previous positions at other companies. The recruiter told me about how they got to their position and how long it took. After about 30 minutes the interview was over. She told me that they would be in touch within 3-5 business days.

Interview Questions

• describe a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer, and what was the end result?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Amscot Financial.

Interview

You interview with a recruiter/interviewer that strictly does that for a living. The person you interview with will NOT be your boss. You interview and they give you a basic math test that you must complete without a calculator and be scored on. After that they ask pretty standard interview questions and ask about hours and availability (which basically need to be any time). If you pass this interview they will schedule a drug test and then call to offer you the position if you passed all the steps. The pay is $14/hour, but you may be ale to negotiate $14.50. After that, you go to a group training class with the other new hires to learn procedures, practice counting out money, etc. You are paid minimum wage for the week of training. Your normal pay starts on Day one of work at your designated location (which can be pretty much anywhere in the district, and may change).

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a conflict and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated a $0.50 cent offer increase due to having a college degree (recent graduate). This was in 2010 when the economy was pretty rough. They have a pay range and the worst they can do is say no, so it does not hurt to ask.