Amtrak Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 7, 2017

2.9

39 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Conductor Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amtrak.

Interview

You have to pass 4 different test before they will grant you an interview. Online psych test 100 questions. In office math test and video situations on customer service and remembering schedules and fares (50 questions each). Then a strength test at an outside facility.

Interview Questions

• Ten basic "what did you do when" type questions based on customer service and safety.   Answer Question

Senior Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amtrak (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Between 10 to 15 behavioral questions. It was a little intimidating with the panel of three and I felt a vibe from the lead that was not inviting. The person who I was actually supposed to meet was off and I had to ask for help several times to get to the proper location because of the multiple security doors.

Interview Questions

• Questions beginning with time me about a time when you went above and beyond and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amtrak in March 2017.

Interview

Got a phone call for a interview, I was in a class so the HR person left a message. I called back and no one picked up. I left a message and said I would be interested to interview and no one called back. Very disappointed in their lack of professionalism, they missed out on a great employee.

Lead Service Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amtrak (Raleigh, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

They took a long time to contact me about an interview. The interview itself lasted about an hour. The application was thru the Amtrak website. I was first asked to do an online assessment which was 104 questions. Then I received a phone call saying I passed the assessment and would be emailed a time and date for an interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I was okay with traveling multiple days at a time.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Amtrak (College Park, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

Connected with Amtrak at on-campus career fair. Weeks later they contacted me via email and asked me to come in and interview. I (over)prepared for a long technical interview and instead the interview was very short - I was in and out in less than 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Prior Experience, knowledge of various programs   Answer Question
    • I (over)prepared for a long technical interview and instead the interview was very short - I was in and out in less than 20 min.   Answer Question

Customer Service/Ticket Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amtrak in July 2016.

Interview

Pretty laid back, started with a few ice breakers. Quickly moved into a few questions.
    The expectation of the answers were, what was the situation, what did you do solve/resolve the problem/situation and what was the result.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • If there are several people in line all needing your help all at once, who do you take care of first?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time at your job when you noticed a safety concern, what did you do about it?   Answer Question
    • How do you keep yourself focused and on task?   Answer Question

Project Manager II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amtrak (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview scheduled via email. Location: Philadelphia Office. Met with two individuals and the HR personnel called-in via phone. Flexible scheduling of the interview time and place.

Interview Questions

• Project Management questions. Primarily focused on financial management, planning, execution and team management. Overall pretty straightforward interview. Conducted professionally and it lasted about an hour. No offer immediately following the interview. I was told that regardless of how they decide to move forward that I will be contacted in about one to two weeks.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amtrak (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

The interviewers had no spontaneous questions.All of the interviewers read from scripted questions that they stated was their 1st time using and seeing these set of interviewing questions. So the questioning seemed somewhat difficult, stilted and at times uncomfortable for all of us.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult situation   1 Answer

Assistant Conductor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amtrak (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

After submitting an online application, you are requested to fill out culture survey of about 100 questions. You are then asked to come in for a performance test (based on situational videos). After test if your results are good enough to you will be called in for an interview. The interview was relatively straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a situation in which rules were broken and what did you do about it.   2 Answers

B & B Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amtrak.

Interview

Applied months earlier online and took personality test, was contacted by HR to come in for an interview. Interview went well . Sent a follow up email to HR never heard from anyone. When I log into Amtrak careers to see where in the process I am or if they have have finished the application process it still reads We are looking forward to meeting with you. (when applying for previous amtrak positions I always received a thanks but not thanks email). The interview was months ago so I assume the positions have been filled.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most complicated task you have done   1 Answer
    • What are some of the tools you have worked with?   Answer Question