Amtrak Reservation Sales Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amtrak Reservation Sales Agent Interview Questions

3.2

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amtrak (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

Wasn't too hard. Two people sit at a desk and question you about previous experiences with customers, co-workers etc. to see how you handle yourself in certain situations. Didn't last too long and was told at the end that I did very well. My offer call came soon after. Training was the longest ever (120 days) but for good reason. Lots of codes and things to learn and memorize.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amtrak

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amtrak (Phila, PA) in January 2012.

Interview

Long and intense be prepared to answer plenty of questions and sit with numerous of panels. Take an IQ test, phone interview, and 2 group panel interviews. Also be prepared to take a quiz on the map only 3 times to pass.

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amtrak (Riverside, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

I was initially called late June of 2011 for an app I had submitted late May. I was informed that I would be contacted sometime in August with further instructions. I received a call mid August letting me know I had been selected to be interviewed for the position contingent on a drug screening, physical, and testing. I had to first do a 50 question test which involved me being in Riverside at the call center at 8AM. The test lasted about 90 minutes.

A week later I was called and told I had passed the test. I was then asked to go back and interview for the position 9 days later. I completed the interview and was called a week after that and told I had to take a physical and drug screening. I was scheduled to do this in a week.

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amtrak (Riverside, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

it took a long time to hear from them i just barely got hired and wont start til october. first i took a personality and literature test (easy). a month later i was called to come in for an interview (12 questions). I was interviewed by three people and i got a call in about a week.

Interview Questions

• tell us of a time where you were faced with a difficult situation with a customer and did you handle it?   1 Answer

Reservation Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amtrak in December 2009.

Interview

First, you have to attend an "orientaqtion" which is a 3 hour testing process (personality, reading comprehension skills tests). The "personality" test is not timed, 280 questions. The reading comprehension test is timed(40 minutes), and is 28 questions. If you pass the "orientation," you get a callback for an interview. The actual interview is a 3 person panel interview which lasts anywhere from 30 to an hour. My interview lasted 1 hr. I saw other interviewees leaving after only 25-30 minutes for their interviews. The whole process for this position is going to take a couple of months... "The "Orientation"(testing) was the first week of December, 2009, went in for an inperson interview 2 weeks after the "Orientation"(testing) and the callbacks offering a position aren't until the first week of Jan. 2010. The position doesn't actually start until the second week of Feb. 2010.

Interview Questions

• What are the pro's and con's about working with a "Union"   Answer Question