Amway Grand Plaza Hotel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Amway Grand Plaza Hotel

2.2

CIO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amway Grand Plaza Hotel (Grand Rapids, MI) in August 2012.

Interview

One of the best interviews for a position I did not receive. From the beginning, the SVP of HR was great to talk to and shared real world experiences of his own to settle and nerves one may have.
    Each interview following with senior management was professional and respectful.
    While i did not receive the position, I was very impressed with the leadership team with whom I had interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• How I felt about not having a degree and has it affected my career.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amway Grand Plaza Hotel (Grand Rapids, MI) in November 2018.

Interview

Fast and simple. The woman seemed really nice but I never heard back after just a 10 minute phone conversation. When i called the number back it wasn't the same person I had spoken too and I was confused

Interview Questions

• What does it take to give good customer service for the guest   Answer Question

At Your Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amway Grand Plaza Hotel (Grand Rapids, MI) in January 2019.

Interview

Interview process was very easy. I had two women interview me for this position. My interviewers were nice and friendly, and asked easy to answer questions. Interview took place in a lounge area that was not being used, but it was a bit loud.

Bellman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amway Grand Plaza Hotel (Grand Rapids, MI) in January 2011.

Interview

I went online to the hotels website and noticed that there were a number of openings, so I decided to fill out an application and drop it of at HR. When I got there, I just happened to hand my application to the hiring manager, so he asked me a few questions about myself right there and then proceeded to set up an interview for the following week. The interview was pretty standard. He asked me some behavioral questions, some more questions above myself, and why I would be a good fit for the company. He then asked me what position I would like to apply for, so I listed a few that I saw on the website. He then told me that he thought those positions might be a little boring for me, and suggested that I apply for the bellman position that had just opened up that morning, since he felt that would be the position I was most qualified for. From there, he told me that he really liked me and that he would pass my resume on to the guest service manager at the hotel, to see if they wanted to continue with the interview process. So about two days later, I received a call from the guest service manger asking to set up an interview for the next day. So the next day I went in for the interview and met with the guest service manager and the front desk manager. The interview was pretty much the same as the first, and was really just about making sure that I would be a good fit to work with the rest of the staff. Once the interview was over, they told me they would contact me within a couple of days if I got the position. I ended up only waiting a day before I got a call from the hiring manager saying I got the position and that they would like me to come to orientation in a couple of days.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider to be your biggest weakness when working? Describe a time when you and a coworker didn't see eye to eye on something and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable. Salary was mostly based on tips with a small hourly wage.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amway Grand Plaza Hotel (Grand Rapids, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Went in for 2 interviews. 1st one was with HR which was easy and just a general overview of my work experience history. 2nd was with the restaurant manager who asked more in depth questions of my experiences and how I would handle certain situations while getting a feel for who I was.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing about customer service?   Answer Question

Didn't offer hours I was looking for. I got the feeling it would be difficult to move up the ranks.

Conceirge Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amway Grand Plaza Hotel.

Interview

HR Interview, Department Manager Interview, Department GM Interview

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amway Grand Plaza Hotel (Grand Rapids, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

I was called in for an interview after emailing my application. Discussed what I can bring to the company, details about the different positions available, and what I wish to get from working at Amway. Very informative all around, and I felt an overall warmness from all of the staff.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amway Grand Plaza Hotel.

Interview

Overall the interview process was pretty good. I applied while I was at a job fair, talked to one of the hr managers there, he forwarded my info to the AV manager and heard back within 48hrs to set up an interview. Interview took about 30 mins, was offered the job on the spot.