Amylin Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amylin Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions

2.7

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amylin Pharmaceuticals (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The review process was typical of most companies. The HR recruiter calls and does the initial phone screen. If selected, you are scheduled for an onsite interview with others that would be your peers, manager, etc.. It’s a comfortable atmosphere, nice people, and not too difficult of questions. You walk away and hope for a call back with an offer.

Diabetes Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Amylin Pharmaceuticals (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Contacted by recruiter to do a multi-person interview at a Hyatt hotel. Was basically a cattle call type set-up with tons of people being shifted to HR, marketing and management in different areas of the hotel. Very unorganized and highly unprofessional. Final IV with manager was a sad joke.

Interview Questions

• "If I gave you this pencil, do you think you could close for the business and get me to buy it?"   Answer Question

Senior Medical Science Liaison Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amylin Pharmaceuticals (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Very straight forward

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amylin Pharmaceuticals in January 2013.

Interview

You pretty much need to come in as a temporary worker to get hired. Then you are hired into whatever position you came in to. Hiring process itself was smooth. Interview was as I expected. It helps when you know the people you are interviewing with and know you are qualified for the position..

Interview Questions

• Do you want to supervise people.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate and I wish I had. They brought me in low. Disappointing. With all my previous experience in pharmaceuticals (but not on the manufacturing end) I thought I might warrant a better rate.

Senior Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amylin Pharmaceuticals (San Diego, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Started with a few phone interviews, then walked in for several 1:1's. Basic questions based on the resume, followed by analytical questions. (What would you do if...). Some of the questions were repetitive, and the interviews became redundant having to go through the resume with each of the interviewers. Everyone was nice, however each manager wanted a different profile, and only one hire.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you recieved negative feedback..how did you take this?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amylin Pharmaceuticals (San Diego, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

Several phone screens and long face to face interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy.

Senior Manager QA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amylin Pharmaceuticals in June 2010.

Interview

The people were thorough in their interview process. They asked good technical and background questions designed to evaluate whether my experience was a good match for the company. Senior management questions were generally less probing, surprisingly enough, but they were interested in how I would work out with the subordinates.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a situation you faced where you made a difficult decision that turned out to be incorrect or lead to more complexity in the organization   Answer Question

Product Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amylin Pharmaceuticals (La Jolla, CA) in April 2008.

Interview

I first met with the hiring manager who asked me general questions about why I wanted the positions, why Amylin, etc. Next, I met with the direct supervisor who asked questions about my resume. He gave a hypothetical situation about testing in product development and asked what direction I would take.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amylin Pharmaceuticals (San Diego, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

I had several face to face 1:1 interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was great

Information Management Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amylin Pharmaceuticals in September 2009.

Interview

Met with peers, management and senior level management.