KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Interview Question

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

-Madison, WI

Epic

An apple costs 40 cents, a banana costs 60 cents, and grapefruit costs 80 cents. Under the same circumstances, how much does a pear cost?

AnswerAdd Tags

Interview Answers

8 Answers

40 cents... it's 20 cents per vowel, not 10.

Anonymous on

40 cents. 20 cents for each cents.

Rohan on

Hey Blake - while that answer is very creative, this particular question was given during a 12-question-3-minute math test. I'd say that you might have a hard time writing all of your economics answer down in three minutes. Nice answer, though!

Former Employee on

40 cents to match the apple in size and texture

Anonymous on

I would ask the interviewer to rank his fruit in order of what his favorite was. If a pear was his favorite I would charge 20% price increase on the grapefruit, which would put the pear at 96 cents. If he is willing to pay for grapefruit at 80 cents but he would rather have a pear, he would most likely be happy to purchase the pear at a margin increase. Pricing depends on the who, why, and where of sell/buying the product. "Under the same circumstances” can be taken creatively or mathematically depending on how you look at the circumstances. There is no right or wrong answer, it a question to see how your mind works when asked to solve a problem. I base the circumstances on the environment, the people and problem on hand. So I would want to understand more about why he wanted to know how much a pear cost, whether he was hungry, if it was for him, ect… and then appropriately price the pear based on the demand of the individual the environment and the situation.

Blake Swanson (770-990-6981) on

40 cents. It's 20 cents per vowel, and pear has two vowels.

Tyler Coleman on

Apple, banana, grapefruit is an alphabetical sequence. Pear falls after grapefruit in the alphabet so it would cost a dollar.

tvhasben on

20 cents because it's 10 cents per vowel

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.