Anadarko Petroleum ITS Intern III Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Anadarko Petroleum ITS Intern III Interview Questions

Updated Dec 5, 2016

3.1

ITS Intern III Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

Interview

Applied through school career website and was invited to interview. They had a pre-interview dinner where perspective candidates got a chance to meet the two interviewers. Interview day consisted of meeting the greeter, followed by being interviewed by the two recruiters from the dinner. The interview itself was very conversational and the interviewers acted "human" and were very friendly (I previously had an interview with ExxonMobil and I was very monotone). Questions were all behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Describe your work experiences as stated on your resume.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Anadarko Petroleum

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Met with representatives at campus career fair then applied online. Relatively quickly I was contacted for an interview. The day before the interview they also invited the applicants to dinner at restaurant nearby campus, but I had a test so I couldn't go. The interview was held on campus, with te 3 representatives from the career fair being there: 1 outside greeting people and 2 conducting the interview. They were all very friendly and polite and helped ease the nervousness for me.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your favorite and least favorite teachers/professors   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time when you made a mistake and what you learned from it   Answer Question
    • Talk about a project of accomplishment that you are particularly proud of   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you disagreed with a coworker or colleague   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you innovated a trend or deviated from the norm   Answer Question
    • What are you majoring in and what areas would you like to work in   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Houston, TX).

Interview

It was a basic interview with Behavioral questions and resumes questions. I really enjoyed it because it was not intense and it was with 2 interviewers. It was a more of a conversation rather than an interview. The overall experience was great! I love the people who interviewed me!

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Informal pre-interview dinner with recruiters and other applicants (they are watching you interact here!) followed by a formal interview the next day on campus. You will be notified of offer or no offer within a few weeks. May take awhile. Keep in mind, you need to be passionate about the company and know the CORE VALUES>

Interview Questions

• BEHAVIORAL QUESTIONS-- be sure to review these types of questions. Be knowledgable about IT and have interests and SHOW ENTHUSIASM   Answer Question

Negotiation

Do NOT negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Baton Rouge, LA) in September 2015.

Interview

I interviewed on campus, and I was the first interview for the day. I saw the Anadarko employees looking for the room to interview in, and sat with an employee while they set up. They asked mostly behavioral questions and when I didn't have the exact answer to the question they asked, I told them and gave them a similar example.

Interview Questions

• What are you most proud of?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (College Station, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

The intern process was streamlined and quick. I interviewed with two interviewers, which was a little weird, and the questions were mostly behavioral. There was a pre-interview dinner the night before, which was great because I got to meet the interviewers ahead of time. After the interview, I received my offer in around 3 weeks. I asked if I could come on-site and tour the campus, and they obliged. Overall, one of the better interview processes I experienced.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. The salary for internship was lower than other offers, but the full time pay is much higher than other companies for college new hires.

ITS Intern III Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in October 2010.

Interview

General behavior interview asking general behavioral questions