Anadarko Petroleum Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 19, 2017

2.8

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in September 2017.

Interview

It was a campus interview. Questions varied for each person. They start out broad but then ask specific questions based on your resume. Questions are more of "get to know you" rather than "how many skittles would it take to fill the Gulf of Mexico"

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Anadarko Petroleum

Intern Interview

Interview

I was asked about my skillsets and what I have worked on while I was in school. The questions were centered around my experiences and what I have worked on while in school.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my skillsets and what I have worked on while I was in school.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Lubbock, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied for interview. Got selected as part of the pre-interview process. They would interview 45 people, pick 10 or 15 from that, and make the decision from there. It was my first interview so I wasn't sure what to expect. Two people interviewed you at once so it was kind of intimidating. They ask a lot to "Get to know you" questions so be ready for that. I was caught off guard by them.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself/How do you like Lubbock?/What do you know about Anadarko?/What interests you about the energy industry?/Basically went over my entire resume and asked about each item on it/Any questions for us?/ end   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

Interview

Unlike most oil and gas companies, Anadarko recruiters are given the ability to hire interns directly without having to go back to HR. The process usually involves an initial wave of interviews with most interested students on campus. This first interview was short (~10 minutes) and rather combative. Second interviews were then conducted that afternoon with a handful of those who interviewed in the morning. The second interview was predominately a discussion about my thesis and previous work history, and I don't recall any behavioral questions being asked. Offers were made the following business day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Houston, TX) in November 2010.

Interview

They interviewed me on campus and responded to my questions quickly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (The Woodlands, TX) in May 2007.

Interview

I interviewed on campus for an intern position. I signed up through the career center and was given an on-campus interview. The day before the interview there is an information session. It is not required, but you are highly encouraged to attend. They take role and know who shows up. The interview consisted of a recruiter and a younger engineer asking questions. They asked about my resume, and asked some behavioral questions. It was not entirely behavioral though, and the questions were not as difficult as some of the others I have had. If you accept an offer with them be prepared for a hair follicle drug test, and a complete physical if it is for a field position.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

Interview

I applied through my university's Career Center website. Three people interviewed me at once asking me about points on my resume and questions asking more on getting to know me better. These people seem like they want to see the best in a person. It’s encouraging and reflects well on the company culture. A lot of time is left to ask them questions at the end.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

Interview

On campus interview, did not receive offer

Interview Questions

• All questions are very easy, more like chatting with recruiters   Answer Question