Anadarko Petroleum Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

41 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Statistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Statistics Intern-I applied online at Anadarko career site. I got a interview call after a month. It was skype interview. Tell me about yourself?
    Why Anadarko? Resume walkthrough(work experience, projects etc.,)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with two Anadarko employees at a recruiting event. The interview was very natural and conversational in nature. There were not any canned questions or behavioral questions. They mostly asked me about my research and past work experience. Overall a positive experience with a friendly vibe during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about you roles at previous companies and how those skill would translate to being successful at our organizations?   Answer Question

ITS Intern III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Met with representatives at campus career fair then applied online. Relatively quickly I was contacted for an interview. The day before the interview they also invited the applicants to dinner at restaurant nearby campus, but I had a test so I couldn't go. The interview was held on campus, with te 3 representatives from the career fair being there: 1 outside greeting people and 2 conducting the interview. They were all very friendly and polite and helped ease the nervousness for me.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your favorite and least favorite teachers/professors   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time when you made a mistake and what you learned from it   Answer Question
    • Talk about a project of accomplishment that you are particularly proud of   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you disagreed with a coworker or colleague   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you innovated a trend or deviated from the norm   Answer Question
    • What are you majoring in and what areas would you like to work in   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

Interview

It was a very professional interview with two managers in the room. There were many questions specific to expected job duties and past experience within the industry. Everyone was polite, professional and easy to talk to. Follow up took several days but they told me up front that would be the case.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with two geologists at the AAPG Student Expo. Neither geologist looked liked they wanted to be there. They asked me very specific questions about my previous work/internship experiences. They wanted to know details rather than an overall summary of my previous work/internship experiences. Also I noticed the two interviewers dosing off during the interview. It was early in the morning but their lack of attention made the situation difficult. Also the interviewers were very stern.

Interview Questions

• There were no general questions. All questions were individualized and specific to my resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Was interviewed on campus, then invited to the Houston headquarters for 3 rounds of interviews and a tour.

For the interview on campus there were 3 recruiters and it was very relaxed. However, what invited to the Houston offices I was asked to give a presentation in front of the geology/geophysics teams and there were over 20 people in the room.

It was a little over kill to have that many people there for a candidates presentation. Some of there questions were technical, and asked in a challenging manner (they didn't care about the answer, they just wanted to see how I would react). Overall, great experience but no offer.

Interview Questions

• What courses have you taken to help qualify you for this position?   Answer Question

Petroleum Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Lubbock, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

The interviewers were very friendly and easy to talk to. There was a pre-interview where they narrowed their initial candidates down. In this interview they just want you to talk about yourself and went through my resume. Before the 2nd round interviews they took about 20 of the candidates out to dinner to get to know everyone a bit better. Again, this was very low pressure and pretty laid back. From this dinner they narrowed down the candidates to about 14 people to be interviewed for the second round. I did not make it to the second round but did attend the dinner. They called me personally to let me know that I did not make it, which was nice. I heard from others who did have a 2nd interview that they mostly asked questions and talked about their previous intern experiences and projects they have worked on. Awesome company.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Lubbock, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied for interview. Got selected as part of the pre-interview process. They would interview 45 people, pick 10 or 15 from that, and make the decision from there. It was my first interview so I wasn't sure what to expect. Two people interviewed you at once so it was kind of intimidating. They ask a lot to "Get to know you" questions so be ready for that. I was caught off guard by them.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself/How do you like Lubbock?/What do you know about Anadarko?/What interests you about the energy industry?/Basically went over my entire resume and asked about each item on it/Any questions for us?/ end   Answer Question

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laramie, WY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Laramie, WY) in September 2015.

Interview

Two different rounds of interview. The most welcoming and friendly recruiters that I have ever had. They were not there to put you under pressure, but to see if you were really a match for the position and the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself? How did you choose geology? Why do you want to work for Anadarko?   Answer Question

Flow Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Golden, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

I dropped my resume in the career day on campus and then got a call saying there would be an interview. It was an on campus interview, and the interview process was nice and friendly. Most of the questions were behavioral questions, but not much related to the resume. There were two interviewers and the interview was half an hour. I asked them two questions about their company culture.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a good and bad experience about your cooperation.   Answer Question