Anadarko Petroleum Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (The Woodlands, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was quick and pleasant. Each interviewer was thorough, professional and expressed an interest in me. I was made to feel comfortable which made the interview go as well as it did.

Interview Questions

• Do you have issues working with all types of personalities?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant/Senior Staff SCM Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (The Woodlands, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

Executive Administrative Assistant to Business Services & Operations Manager, assisting Contracts & Procurement
    Domestic and International Accounting and SAP
    Handling travel arrangements, passports, visa, expense reports, presentations, arranging meeting
    Published both weekly, and monthly reports for Partners as well as Internal for the Mozambique Project
    Distributed correspondence, handled incoming and outgoing mail/phone
    Assisting all Contracts Managers, Assisting Legal Dept. with new contractors
    Maintaining Trello workflow and access database with all contractors/vendors contracting information
    Maintained LiveLink database
    Processing all personnel contracts, service orders, change orders

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Anadarko   1 Answer

ITS Intern III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Met with representatives at campus career fair then applied online. Relatively quickly I was contacted for an interview. The day before the interview they also invited the applicants to dinner at restaurant nearby campus, but I had a test so I couldn't go. The interview was held on campus, with te 3 representatives from the career fair being there: 1 outside greeting people and 2 conducting the interview. They were all very friendly and polite and helped ease the nervousness for me.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your favorite and least favorite teachers/professors   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time when you made a mistake and what you learned from it   Answer Question
    • Talk about a project of accomplishment that you are particularly proud of   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you disagreed with a coworker or colleague   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you innovated a trend or deviated from the norm   Answer Question
    • What are you majoring in and what areas would you like to work in   Answer Question

Geoscience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Was interviewed on campus, then invited to the Houston headquarters for 3 rounds of interviews and a tour.

For the interview on campus there were 3 recruiters and it was very relaxed. However, what invited to the Houston offices I was asked to give a presentation in front of the geology/geophysics teams and there were over 20 people in the room.

It was a little over kill to have that many people there for a candidates presentation. Some of there questions were technical, and asked in a challenging manner (they didn't care about the answer, they just wanted to see how I would react). Overall, great experience but no offer.

Interview Questions

• What courses have you taken to help qualify you for this position?   Answer Question

ITS Intern III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Informal pre-interview dinner with recruiters and other applicants (they are watching you interact here!) followed by a formal interview the next day on campus. You will be notified of offer or no offer within a few weeks. May take awhile. Keep in mind, you need to be passionate about the company and know the CORE VALUES>

Interview Questions

• BEHAVIORAL QUESTIONS-- be sure to review these types of questions. Be knowledgable about IT and have interests and SHOW ENTHUSIASM   Answer Question

Negotiation

Do NOT negotiate

Geoscience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with two geologists at the AAPG Student Expo. Neither geologist looked liked they wanted to be there. They asked me very specific questions about my previous work/internship experiences. They wanted to know details rather than an overall summary of my previous work/internship experiences. Also I noticed the two interviewers dosing off during the interview. It was early in the morning but their lack of attention made the situation difficult. Also the interviewers were very stern.

Interview Questions

• There were no general questions. All questions were individualized and specific to my resume.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in September 2013.

Interview

Simple, to the point, will ask you why you are desiring to leave current employer, and why you want to work for Anadarko. They were very professional and had a genuine interest in what you could bring to the table. This is not a company that you want to try to slide a line of BS to during an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you wanting to work for Anadarko?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple, there was no competition. I interviewed with Shell, BHP Billiton, and COP. Anadarko did not have the top pay offer or the best benefits, but had the best total package from an entire total compensation perspective.

Petrophysicist Interview

Interview

First two interviews were over the phone. Very casual conversations. Invited to a whole day interview. Very polite, respectful, and talented people. Interviewed with a panel and then by teams of two/three. People are very spirited and enjoy working there. Very proud employees. Very enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• Interview requires mastery in public speaking skills. No real surprises. Clear expectations were set upfront. Very professional team leads interviewing in groups.   Answer Question

EHS Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

Interview

I applied for a summer internship with Anadarko through my university. I first met with a hiring manager who conducted the initial interview. I was very nervous at first and the hiring manager seemed very tough but warmed up quickly when I asked her questions about the position. It went well though and about a week later I received a call from my would-be supervisor who said he wanted to discuss the position more. When I called back it turned into a conference call interview, so I didn't feel as prepared. He also asked less generic interview questions and more difficult, position-specific questions. A week went by after this second interview before the supervisor called me again to offer me the intern position. I was elated!

Interview Questions

• What do you believe is the most effective way to develop and enact a new company policy?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The original job listing gave an hourly salary range. I got the maximum amount, so there was was no negotiating.

Petroleum Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

Interview

Ask about former intern experience

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (College Station, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

just talk to you about your life plan or career plan, they are very friendly