Anadarko Petroleum Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017

2.9

Executive Assistant/Senior Staff SCM Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (The Woodlands, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

Executive Administrative Assistant to Business Services & Operations Manager, assisting Contracts & Procurement
    Domestic and International Accounting and SAP
    Handling travel arrangements, passports, visa, expense reports, presentations, arranging meeting
    Published both weekly, and monthly reports for Partners as well as Internal for the Mozambique Project
    Distributed correspondence, handled incoming and outgoing mail/phone
    Assisting all Contracts Managers, Assisting Legal Dept. with new contractors
    Maintaining Trello workflow and access database with all contractors/vendors contracting information
    Maintained LiveLink database
    Processing all personnel contracts, service orders, change orders

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Anadarko   1 Answer

ITS Intern III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Met with representatives at campus career fair then applied online. Relatively quickly I was contacted for an interview. The day before the interview they also invited the applicants to dinner at restaurant nearby campus, but I had a test so I couldn't go. The interview was held on campus, with te 3 representatives from the career fair being there: 1 outside greeting people and 2 conducting the interview. They were all very friendly and polite and helped ease the nervousness for me.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your favorite and least favorite teachers/professors   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time when you made a mistake and what you learned from it   Answer Question
    • Talk about a project of accomplishment that you are particularly proud of   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you disagreed with a coworker or colleague   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you innovated a trend or deviated from the norm   Answer Question
    • What are you majoring in and what areas would you like to work in   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Was interviewed on campus, then invited to the Houston headquarters for 3 rounds of interviews and a tour.

For the interview on campus there were 3 recruiters and it was very relaxed. However, what invited to the Houston offices I was asked to give a presentation in front of the geology/geophysics teams and there were over 20 people in the room.

It was a little over kill to have that many people there for a candidates presentation. Some of there questions were technical, and asked in a challenging manner (they didn't care about the answer, they just wanted to see how I would react). Overall, great experience but no offer.

Interview Questions

• What courses have you taken to help qualify you for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with two geologists at the AAPG Student Expo. Neither geologist looked liked they wanted to be there. They asked me very specific questions about my previous work/internship experiences. They wanted to know details rather than an overall summary of my previous work/internship experiences. Also I noticed the two interviewers dosing off during the interview. It was early in the morning but their lack of attention made the situation difficult. Also the interviewers were very stern.

Interview Questions

• There were no general questions. All questions were individualized and specific to my resume.   Answer Question

Petrophysicist Interview

Interview

First two interviews were over the phone. Very casual conversations. Invited to a whole day interview. Very polite, respectful, and talented people. Interviewed with a panel and then by teams of two/three. People are very spirited and enjoy working there. Very proud employees. Very enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• Interview requires mastery in public speaking skills. No real surprises. Clear expectations were set upfront. Very professional team leads interviewing in groups.   Answer Question

Petroleum Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

Interview

Ask about former intern experience

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (College Station, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

just talk to you about your life plan or career plan, they are very friendly

Senior Reservoir Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Algiers (Algeria)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Algiers (Algeria)) in December 2008.

Interview

I concluded the interviewer had already decided not to offer a position before the interview started. I would like to think this was because the oil price had just fallen off a cliff.

Interview Questions

• What was my management style?   1 Answer
    • Give some examples of recent innovations?   1 Answer

Statistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Statistics Intern-I applied online at Anadarko career site. I got a interview call after a month. It was skype interview. Tell me about yourself?
    Why Anadarko? Resume walkthrough(work experience, projects etc.,)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with two Anadarko employees at a recruiting event. The interview was very natural and conversational in nature. There were not any canned questions or behavioral questions. They mostly asked me about my research and past work experience. Overall a positive experience with a friendly vibe during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about you roles at previous companies and how those skill would translate to being successful at our organizations?   Answer Question