Anadarko Petroleum Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Anadarko Petroleum Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

2.8

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

Interview

It was a very professional interview with two managers in the room. There were many questions specific to expected job duties and past experience within the industry. Everyone was polite, professional and easy to talk to. Follow up took several days but they told me up front that would be the case.

Drilling Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (The Woodlands, TX).

Interview

Talked with my future manager and his manager. Both were telephonic interviews. There was a benefits related discussion as well. It was a very good experience. The questions were more in line with what I was expecting to do in 5 years, what my long term and short term goals were.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions to get a feel of what was important to me, and if I would like the vibe of the company.   Answer Question

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview process was similar to most firms. Some technical questions, but mostly a lot of fit questions. All the people I interviewed with were very nice and wanted me to do well in my interview. They asked a lot about past experience

Rotational Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Spring, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

1. Pre-interview dinner: Laid back, conversational
    2. 1st Interview: Very laid back, 2 people interviewing asking behavioral questions (e.g. describe a time you worked as a team)
    3. Office visit/interview: Toured the office and had 2 45-minute interviews with higher-ups, 1 15-minute interview with manager. Conversational + behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were faced with adversity and how you overcame   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you worked as a team and had a member not pulling their weight. How did you overcome?   Answer Question
    • Describe a mentor of yours.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I was asked about my skillsets and what I have worked on while I was in school. The questions were centered around my experiences and what I have worked on while in school.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my skillsets and what I have worked on while I was in school.   Answer Question

ITS Intern III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Houston, TX).

Interview

It was a basic interview with Behavioral questions and resumes questions. I really enjoyed it because it was not intense and it was with 2 interviewers. It was a more of a conversation rather than an interview. The overall experience was great! I love the people who interviewed me!

ITS Intern III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Informal pre-interview dinner with recruiters and other applicants (they are watching you interact here!) followed by a formal interview the next day on campus. You will be notified of offer or no offer within a few weeks. May take awhile. Keep in mind, you need to be passionate about the company and know the CORE VALUES>

Interview Questions

• BEHAVIORAL QUESTIONS-- be sure to review these types of questions. Be knowledgable about IT and have interests and SHOW ENTHUSIASM   Answer Question

Negotiation

Do NOT negotiate

Geoscience Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

Interview

Campus recruiting event involved a technical presentation and overview of the company. Interested grad students that attended the presentation were invited out to dinner for a more informal chat about the position and company. One-on-one interviews were scheduled for the next day. Interview was conversational and focused on describing thesis and dissertation research and interests, both academic and personal. There were a few behavioral questions to gauge how you worked in a team environment.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to work as part of a team and how did you contribute.   Answer Question

IT Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online through my college's career gateway. Interviewed on campus. I had two interviewers from the IT Audit department. Fairly easy interview, we mostly spoke about my past work experiences and the various projects that I had worked on. There was no second round interview or office visit. They contacted me a couple of weeks later to give me an offer.

Geoscience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with two geologists at the AAPG Student Expo. Neither geologist looked liked they wanted to be there. They asked me very specific questions about my previous work/internship experiences. They wanted to know details rather than an overall summary of my previous work/internship experiences. Also I noticed the two interviewers dosing off during the interview. It was early in the morning but their lack of attention made the situation difficult. Also the interviewers were very stern.

Interview Questions

• There were no general questions. All questions were individualized and specific to my resume.   Answer Question