Anadarko Petroleum Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.8

ITS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (The Woodlands, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

Anadarko typically only hires new college grads out of the intern program, so if you're wanting a job with us, start by interning. I applied for an internship, accepted, interned, and was hired. I interviewed in September on campus and heard back in late October. The ITS intern program takes 10-12 interns from all schools. At one school alone, they received 130 applications, interviewed 13, and took 2.

It's very competitive. Anadarko is essentially the Goldman Sachs of the oil and gas industry.
    The average employee at Anadarko equates to $3 million of revenue per year, so only the best is accepted. Out of 10-12 interns, typically only 1-2 are chosen for full time. This is based purely on performance, and how well you match up with our company values.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was blown away by the offer, so I accepted on the spot. I felt it was more than fair, and had no desire to negotiate.

Compensation for the internship is lower than companies such as Chevron, PwC, and COP. However, compensation for full-time employement is unbeatable.

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in March 2008.

Interview

Internship and panel interview.

Senior Reservoir Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Algiers (Algeria)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Algiers (Algeria)) in December 2008.

Interview

I concluded the interviewer had already decided not to offer a position before the interview started. I would like to think this was because the oil price had just fallen off a cliff.

Interview Questions

• What was my management style?   1 Answer
    • Give some examples of recent innovations?   1 Answer

Legal Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

Interview

Two Anadarko attorneys interviewed me for about 30 minutes. They reviewed my resume, asked me about my classes and my prior experience working with clients, and a bit about my personality, but not as much as a regular law firm interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

Interview

For a contractor, I was first interviewed through my recruiter at the staffing agency. They gave my resume to Andarko and I got a phone call within the next day. The interview consisted of the hiring manager and the assistant manager. The interview lasted no more than 30-45 minutes. Afterwards, my recruiter called me within a couple hours to let me know that they wanted to move forward with hiring me.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I was okay with commuting 45-50 miles each way for work.   1 Answer

Rotational Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (The Woodlands, TX).

Interview

Very laid back and personal. The process started with a dinner the night before on-campus interviews. The on-campus interviews were with 2 managers who asked mostly behavioral questions. Next step was an office visit that included a tour and two 45 minute interviews. Again, those were both conversational with a few behavioral questions. Each person I talked to was so nice and easy to get along with.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your favorite mentor (boss, professor, etc.) and your least favorite mentor.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you failed and what you wish you had done differently   Answer Question

Statistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Statistics Intern-I applied online at Anadarko career site. I got a interview call after a month. It was skype interview. Tell me about yourself?
    Why Anadarko? Resume walkthrough(work experience, projects etc.,)

Geoscience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with two Anadarko employees at a recruiting event. The interview was very natural and conversational in nature. There were not any canned questions or behavioral questions. They mostly asked me about my research and past work experience. Overall a positive experience with a friendly vibe during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about you roles at previous companies and how those skill would translate to being successful at our organizations?   Answer Question

ITS Intern III Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (College Station, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

The intern process was streamlined and quick. I interviewed with two interviewers, which was a little weird, and the questions were mostly behavioral. There was a pre-interview dinner the night before, which was great because I got to meet the interviewers ahead of time. After the interview, I received my offer in around 3 weeks. I asked if I could come on-site and tour the campus, and they obliged. Overall, one of the better interview processes I experienced.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. The salary for internship was lower than other offers, but the full time pay is much higher than other companies for college new hires.

ITS Intern III Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

Interview

Applied through school career website and was invited to interview. They had a pre-interview dinner where perspective candidates got a chance to meet the two interviewers. Interview day consisted of meeting the greeter, followed by being interviewed by the two recruiters from the dinner. The interview itself was very conversational and the interviewers acted "human" and were very friendly (I previously had an interview with ExxonMobil and I was very monotone). Questions were all behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Describe your work experiences as stated on your resume.   Answer Question