Anadarko Petroleum Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Anadarko Petroleum Interview Questions

Updated Dec 5, 2016

2.8

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in March 2008.

Interview

Internship and panel interview.

Senior Reservoir Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Algiers (Algeria)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Algiers (Algeria)) in December 2008.

Interview

I concluded the interviewer had already decided not to offer a position before the interview started. I would like to think this was because the oil price had just fallen off a cliff.

Interview Questions

• What was my management style?   1 Answer
    • Give some examples of recent innovations?   1 Answer

Rotational Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (The Woodlands, TX).

Interview

Very laid back and personal. The process started with a dinner the night before on-campus interviews. The on-campus interviews were with 2 managers who asked mostly behavioral questions. Next step was an office visit that included a tour and two 45 minute interviews. Again, those were both conversational with a few behavioral questions. Each person I talked to was so nice and easy to get along with.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your favorite mentor (boss, professor, etc.) and your least favorite mentor.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you failed and what you wish you had done differently   Answer Question

Statistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Statistics Intern-I applied online at Anadarko career site. I got a interview call after a month. It was skype interview. Tell me about yourself?
    Why Anadarko? Resume walkthrough(work experience, projects etc.,)

Geoscience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with two Anadarko employees at a recruiting event. The interview was very natural and conversational in nature. There were not any canned questions or behavioral questions. They mostly asked me about my research and past work experience. Overall a positive experience with a friendly vibe during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about you roles at previous companies and how those skill would translate to being successful at our organizations?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (College Station, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

The intern process was streamlined and quick. I interviewed with two interviewers, which was a little weird, and the questions were mostly behavioral. There was a pre-interview dinner the night before, which was great because I got to meet the interviewers ahead of time. After the interview, I received my offer in around 3 weeks. I asked if I could come on-site and tour the campus, and they obliged. Overall, one of the better interview processes I experienced.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. The salary for internship was lower than other offers, but the full time pay is much higher than other companies for college new hires.

ITS Intern III Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

Interview

Applied through school career website and was invited to interview. They had a pre-interview dinner where perspective candidates got a chance to meet the two interviewers. Interview day consisted of meeting the greeter, followed by being interviewed by the two recruiters from the dinner. The interview itself was very conversational and the interviewers acted "human" and were very friendly (I previously had an interview with ExxonMobil and I was very monotone). Questions were all behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Describe your work experiences as stated on your resume.   Answer Question

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview process was similar to most firms. Some technical questions, but mostly a lot of fit questions. All the people I interviewed with were very nice and wanted me to do well in my interview. They asked a lot about past experience

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Baton Rouge, LA) in September 2015.

Interview

I interviewed on campus, and I was the first interview for the day. I saw the Anadarko employees looking for the room to interview in, and sat with an employee while they set up. They asked mostly behavioral questions and when I didn't have the exact answer to the question they asked, I told them and gave them a similar example.

Interview Questions

• What are you most proud of?   1 Answer

Land Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

Interview

- Very calm and not tense at all
    - interviewers were friendly and excited
    - Questions were trying but the interviewers asked questions after you answered. They were genuinly interested in my life and who I was. It spoke volumes about the company and upon working here, I realized that everyone who works here is very open and excited to make relationships with their co-workers.

Interview Questions

• - What got you interested in the industry?
      - Tell us about yourself?
      - Do you enjoy analytical work?
      Answer Question