Analog Devices Digital Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Analog Devices Digital Design Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Analog Devices

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Analog Devices (Somerset, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume during a Career Fair, where I was asked some digital design questions on-spot.
I got a on campus interview call the very next day. On campus interview was 1 hour long. Mostly questions related to Floating Point Binary Arithmetic, Setup hold time, Verilog, State machines etc.
Following this I got 2 telephonic interviews. None of them were scheduled. Questions asked basically related to projects, internship, DFT algorithms, design problems like clock/2 and clock/3, timing etc.

Finally, I was called for an onsite interview to Somerset, New Jersey. I had 7 interviews 45 mins each.
Questions were asked from the following areas Latches - Flip Flops, Timing, FIFO, Digital design, DFT, Verification, Computer Architecture and ASIC Design Flow.

The entire interview process was quite good and informative. The interviewers were friendly and very helpful.

Interview Questions

• I found most of the questions pretty simple. I am categorizing all the questions below for reference.

1. Latches - Flip Flops

3. FIFO for data and address buses
        4. How to synchronize?

3. Design
        1. Asynchronous and synchronous reset in Flip Flops
        2. Data(D1) following data(D) while going low (asynchronous) but synchronous with clock while going high
        3. ADC Design
           4. Sensitivity list - if missed what is implication on gate level simulation
        5. Clock by three

4. DFT
        1. Explain DFT
        2. Scan Chains and Scan FFs
        3. Fault models
        4. Delay fault
        5. Testing of two clock counters by adding logic in between to reduce overall time. (First counts from 0 to 255. For every 256 counts in first seconds increments its counter by 1.)

5. Verification
        1. Test plan
        2. Assertions
        3. Coverage - when will you stop verification
        4. Layered test bench
        5. Randomization
        6. Difference between rand and randc.
        7. where is randc used? - decoder verification

3. clock
            4. setup and hold time   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Analog Devices

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Analog Devices (Wilmington, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

Phone interview by technical manager. Was invited on-site after 1 week. But after 2 days of sending the invitation , they cancelled the on-site interview saying the position is no longer available. It was very unprofessional of the college recruiting team to not also provide reply to my follow-up e-mails for trying in other teams.

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Analog Devices.

Interview

Process took about 2 weeks.

I was selected on campus and had a phone screen by a manager where he mostly went over my resume.And then I was called for on site interview in a week.

Had three rounds, In which they gave design problems and asked me to solve them most of them are based on Verilog.

Also tested me on Clockdomains, timimg related questions, setup time hold time, clock tree.

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Analog Devices in March 2018.

Interview

Phone interview was set up after 3 weeks of applying. Applied through their web portal. Engineering Manager was the one to conduct the interview. Did not hear back from them. Overall interview was good. Spent some time on the resume and then asked basic design question.

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Analog Devices (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2010.

Interview

"Weird"
    The manger started with asking me if I was expecting more money compared to my previous job. What was my GPA for grad and undergrad (its more than 10 years since I passed undergrad). What was GPA of other students in the class (when I said I didnt know, he said that he still remembers from his times-how weird is that), how many students scored above me in the class etc. This went on for almost 20mins.
    Then he asked me some basic Digital design questions. 1. Given a 3 input AND gate, design a N input AND gate. 2. Calculate FIFO depth given some parameters 3. Priority Encoder etc

Overall, it was a very uncomfortable environment, I just wanted to get out as soon as possible.

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Analog Devices (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2012.

Interview

Written exam which contains FSM question, Digital design question, Queue problem
    in interveiw they asked question from written test and from the Digital design new question.
    Overall the hiring process was very complexed.

Interview Questions

• digital Design question was very difficult as they were new to us.   Answer Question

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Analog Devices.

Interview

Oncampus Interview. Then called for an onsite interview. 8 rounds of technical interview and one lunch interview with manager

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Analog Devices (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

the first round of recruitment process is written test.The questions are difficult and unexpected ones, some questions are from processor based and timing analysis questions.There are some questions on basic digital design and mathematics

Interview Questions

• Design a shift register using Fas   1 Answer

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Limerick, Co. Limerick (Ireland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Analog Devices (Limerick, Co. Limerick (Ireland)) in June 2012.

Interview

Phone Screen, covered my college degree, project etc.
    On site interview with 2 Engineers. This was technical in nature, general Digital and Mixed signal electronics questions.
    Discussion on what tools i'd used in the past etc.
    1:1 meeting with HR business partner, this discussed competencies and situational type questions

Interview Questions

• Set up and hold timing question.
      SDC constraints problem
      Cross Clock domain discussion.   Answer Question

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Analog Devices (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

First they short listed students above 8 cgpa. Followed by the written test in digital basics and DSP concepts. The written cleared students should attend two technical interviews followed by the HR. The first technical interview was average level, the second one was little bit tough but if you know the basics well and strong, you can easily sail through. Also they asked to find out the solutions for the unsolved problems in the written test. Already solved problems they asked again how did you arrive at particular answer. They are basically checking how you are approaching the particular problem rather than the complete solution. Fundamentals of digital design in Morris Mano can help to cross the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Asynchronous FIFO depth calculation, System verilog testbench overview   1 Answer