Analog Devices Applications Engineer Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Applications Engineer (Power - Intern) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Analog Devices (Fort Collins, CO) in April 2012.

Interview

I saw job posting in linkedIn and then applied online on job portal, I received email next day from Hiring Manager for telephonic interview which lasted for almost 20 mins, some basic questions about myself and Flyback, Buck -Boost converter. Next step was one more phone interview with director Power Management Team which lasted for 20 mins which was basically HR. Then interview on site is scheduled after 2 - 3 weeks. Which was quite intense with five, 1:1 interview (all of them were technical about Basics of power electronics, and deriving conversion ratios, somewhat tricky) with Power Mangement Team and one small lab session about soldering skills, understanding PCB and diagrams.

Interviewees made good arrangements : paid for flights, hotels, rental cars, and everything.

Power management team was small as compare to other teams but it was really very friendly and nice team. All 5 interviewees were really good and helpful throughout the interview. If I would have received offer I would have never declined it.

I flunked it over basic question of identifying op-amp topologies and basic bode plot questions. Rest of my knowledge I answered all power electronics question correctly (Which was quite difficult)

Interview Questions

• Identify op-amp and name them (looking at pictures of it), Describe Bode Plots
      Derive conversion ratio of Forward converter and flyback converter etc.
      Answer Question