Analysis Group Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Analysis Group Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jan 22, 2018

170 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview

Very Terrible interview process. Aggressive and confrontational, and just plain rude. They asked very general questions, but the interview process itself was very disorganized and unpleasant. They forgot to print/look up my resume, and asked to me to email it to one of the interviews during the interview time. One interviewer asked me to "defend my grades" to them

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Analysis Group

Analyst Interview

Interview

Informational interview on campus, then six interviews on site. Interviews were mostly informational, no case studies or really technical questions. Asked in depth about my resume, provided lots of time to ask them questions.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Boston, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

It was a really nice process. had two rounds of interviews. The first round was just some introduction and behavioral questions. They will ask questions about your research experience in the past. Final round was pretty chill. They aren't intimidating and make you feel very comfortable. You get a lunch with an analyst after three rounds of interviews and then hear back within a couple of weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied through my schools portal. My first round interview went great and I made it on to the second round. My second round superday I was very conflicted about. Analysis Group is suppose to have a reputation for being a laid back environment with people who don't take themselves too seriously but also work hard. This attitude was only somewhat what I experienced. Managers were all great to talk to, but all the Vice Presidents I interviewed with were extremely pretentious. One of the Vice Presidents I interviewed literally just threw his card at me at the beginning of the interview and then did not pay any attention to what I was saying and seemed totally uninterested. Another had me do a small case, and told me to talk out my thought process without thinking, as I was gathering my thoughts out loud he started getting mad at me because I came across as organized, which is exactly what happens when you tell someone to talk about their ideas instead of writing them down first. I also got the case correct and he got confused and angry at me. I interviewed with other companies with the same level of prestige without the reputation of being good people and the interviewers were much nicer. Turns out a few of my friends had the same experience with them. These guys need get off their high horse

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview

Very relaxed and comfortable, no technicals or casework. Analysts were friendly and asked lots of behavioral questions. There wasn't much time for me to ask questions at the end but I got a sense of the projects being done and the daily life

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to work with a team long term on a project.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

On campus Interview 30 min behavioral with 2 senior analysts (alum from my school).
    They were very friendly and the interview went smoothly.
    They digged into my research experience very deeply, so know your work if you have one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

One 30 minute on campus interview and then a super day in the office with a full day of interviews. The super day consisted of 7 behavioral interviews and a lunch with analysts.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Analysis Group (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Two rounds. First round on campus, second round in regional office. First round focused on behavioral questions and second round has 6 different interviews that evaluates different aspects including team work, technical skills, economics intuition, past professional experience and how well you understand the nature of the job. All conversation based.

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Menlo Park, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I did a 30-minute, behavioral interview on campus first. Two people interviewed me in a relaxed setting, and the most technical part of the interview was simply describing one of my past data analysis projects. The second interview was a super-day at the office with 6 interviews, including qualitative and quantitative case studies. The case studies were not as complicated or math-oriented as I had anticipated. Overall, people were very kind and welcoming in the office.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in economic consulting?   Answer Question
    • Describe one of your research projects from the beginning to the end.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chestnut Hill, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Chestnut Hill, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

I walked into the room and one interviewer was inexplicably giggling for the first 10 minutes. To say it was unprofessional would be an overstatement but it was sufficiently confusing. I only say the interview was difficult because it had no technical questions and I wasn't sure what they were looking for at all. Most of the interview was me asking them questions, which I don't really care for.