Analysis Group Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Analysis Group Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2017

2.9

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview

I applied when I was in college. There were 2 rounds of interview. This is a big company, so I felt like they had a formula on paper that they were looking for. They asked typical questions straight from the documents in front of them

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Analysis Group

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group in February 2017.

Interview

The first round consisted of one 30-minute interview, in which all of the questions were behavioral. The final round consisted of four 30-minute interviews with Vice Presidents, as well as lunch with two Analysts. Most of the questions were behavioral, with some technical questions. There were a few business scenario questions, but no formal case.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Analysis Group (New York, NY).

Interview

There are 30 minute interviews and lunch with an analyst. Questions are all behavioral, with no case studies. They really value who you are as a person and are not looking to reveal your weaknesses.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online. There was 1 phone interview with an analyst talking about my background and behavioral questions. I got onsite interview after a week, had 6 one-to-one interviews there. No technical questions asked.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The first stage was a very chill on campus interview (30 minutes with closest office). I had heard it was largely behavioral, but I was actually asked a case question--no calculations, but what my approach would be. I talked to my friends and most people were just asked behavioral questions. Part two was a superday with my requested office. I had about 6 30 minute interviews with different people, about 50-50 split between quantitative/case and fit/behavioral, as well as lunch. Everyone in the office was incredibly nice. I thought I had not done well on the case, but I heard back within the week that I had received the offer. I think they may weigh the fit questions more heavily.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a research project you worked on. Questions about working on teams, etc.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview

I went to their booth at the university career fair and later interviewed on campus with a recruiter. Mostly behavioral questions and one informal economic discussion. Everyone I met was very nice and encouraging.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through recruiting at my college and heard back within a couple of weeks. There was one thirty minute in person interview with two people. They were very friendly and the process was fairly informal, with neither of the interviewers wearing suits. I heard back within a week that I would not be making the next round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why Analysis Group? Why Economic Consulting? Tell me about a time you had difficulty working in a group.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

First round of the interview had no case component, unlike many other E consulting firms. They asked me to describe in significant detail both a qualitative and quantitative project that I had worked on before - so know your stuff inside and out. They also asked what your location preference is, and I honestly forgot so it did cause some awkwardness. Know your top three before you apply!!!

Interview Questions

• What was a situation where you had disagreements within a team, and how would you have done things differently?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

First round of one 30 mins on campus interview, followed by a super day at the requested office. I met with 6 people on super day. We talked about my previous projects with quantitative experience, data analysis, team work experience, how to explain concepts to people, case study discussion, etc. All the people there are very nice.

Interview Questions

• Talk about project, team-work experience and a small case study with discussion   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

There was first a phone screen, which was conducted by a VP. Was based on fit and was behavioural, but a few Stata commands were asked. Then was invited to Boston for a final round, where a senior analyst, an associate, a VP and an HR person interviewed me with fit and some data questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a data project you've worked on where you have manipulated a substantial dataset?   Answer Question