Analysis Group Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Updated May 16, 2017

2.8

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Boston, MA).

Interview

I exchanged a few emails with one of the recruiters at the Boston office. She set up a time for me to talk on the phone for a 30 minute interview. I thought this went well and then they asked for another 30 minute phone interview a couple of weeks later. I heard back about a week later that they were making me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions along with a few basic econometric questions (e.g. describe a regression to me).   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not attempt to negotiate.

Healthcare Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied and then one week later was invited to conduct a phone interview. Phone interview was a brief, standard 30 minute behavioral interview with an analyst. A week later I was invited to come to the Boston office for a round of in-person interviews. The entire interview lasted 4 hours, from 12 pm - 4 pm. First I had lunch with 2 other analysts, which was casual and informative. I was then interviewed by 5 different employees, ranging from analysts to managers to VPs. Everyone was very friendly throughout the process. There was no case interview for the healthcare position. Be prepared to discuss past research in detail since they will grill you on these (goals, methods, interpretation of findings).

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

The cake is a lie. Phone screen followed by an onsite interview. After the onsite interview, the feedback was that they had decided to redefine the role of Data Scientist to be more of a consultant. Information that would have been useful before took a day off to meet with them. It also wasn't until the third set of interviews that day that someone offered me a drink, and this is the only interview I've ever been to where paid parking wasn't comped. Overall, there was a lack of respect for the candidates effort.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online. There was 1 phone interview with an analyst talking about my background and behavioral questions. I got onsite interview after a week, had 6 one-to-one interviews there. No technical questions asked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

There was first a phone screen, which was conducted by a VP. Was based on fit and was behavioural, but a few Stata commands were asked. Then was invited to Boston for a final round, where a senior analyst, an associate, a VP and an HR person interviewed me with fit and some data questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a data project you've worked on where you have manipulated a substantial dataset?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Wellesley, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Company recruited on campus. Asked to send in resume and coverletter. Within a week sent out interview invitations. Day after interview got invited to interview in person or the process stopped.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

After a phone interview, I was invited onsite to meet managers, associates, a VP, and I was asked to prepare a research presentation. The recruiters were prompt and thorough with communicating necessary information. They made sure everything ran smoothly and that I was comfortable. The people were smart, warm and enthusiastic. I felt like these were not just potential colleagues, but friends. I do hope that we may cross paths again someday, and that speaks volumes for the people at AG.

Ultimately, I did not receive an offer.
    I can look back to assess what I could have done differently if that may help someone else in the future. Giving a presentation added a new element, but I accepted the challenge as an opportunity to share a project I loved working on. In hindsight, I think I chose something too simple in design and analysis. The interview portion was challenging but conversational. I tried to give concrete examples that demonstrated my experience, and how I've overcome challenges and solved problems. There were some questions related to statistical tests and interpreting results that I answered incorrectly, but should have known.

There were a couple last minute changes to my schedule but in the moment, I rolled with it. I was told one individual was "too slammed". This can feel off-putting, but adjustments were made and it worked out. Yet another individual was a substitution who came in flustered, distracted, disengaged. She asked questions in a manner that I could not tell if these were general or specific to my work. I tried to stay positive and adaptive. I have been a hiring manager in the past, and I have been trained to show enthusiasm, be available, undivided, only making subtle checks on time. A number of the people I met with were actively monitoring time or checking their phones, which was a tiny bit distracting. Regardless, I understand the real-time logistics. I respected each individual's time and that each style was different, unscripted, questions flowed to the next.

I accept that there is a better suited candidate for the role, and that I am a better fit elsewhere. I do feel disappointed as I really liked the opportunity and the environment at AG, but I want this review to help others in the future, no matter what side of the process you are on.

Interview Questions

• Describe typical workday, projects, previous experience (as a solo contributor and manager), technical skills, methodology and applications, comparison of data sources, strengths and limitations in working with types of data, types of projects. Describe previous experiences with managers or subordinates that were challenging. Describe statistical techniques and interpretation of findings. Describe experience working in teams, or with clients. All questions were asked in a friendly, congenial way (with exception of one interviewer noted above).   1 Answer

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

I had my first interview on campus. The interview was 30 minute long with a Senior Analyst and an Associate. The interview flowed very well. Most of the questions are behavioral besides the ones on my research project. I heard back from them two days later about going in their Boston office for a full round of interview. I am still in the interview process and will have that full round tomorrow. It will be 5 hours of 4 30-min-long ones and lunch with Analysts.

Interview Questions

• Why AG? Tell me about your research project and how you analyze the variables and data. Strengths and weaknesses. Weakness in working in a group.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

The entire process took only 1 month. I applied through school, scheduled my first round interview within a week, then heard back within a week to schedule the second round in Boston office, then got an offer 2 weeks later.

First round was conducted by an Analyst and a Senior Analyst, one of them is an alumni. Mainly asked behavioral with focus on past research experience. Second round started with a lunch with an Analyst, then 4 formal interviews, each last 30min long, with a break in between. I was interviewed by the VP, an Associate, a Senior Analyst, and a HR person. Each has slightly different focus, but mainly your past experience and behavioral questions, nothing unexpected.

They are very efficient and all staffs replied to emails within the day. After going through this process I can see why AG is been rated so well by its employees.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your econometric project / internship in X company / research in X industry. Begin with big picture, then they will grill you on details. They care a lot about my analytical skills.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

It was about 30 mins long and the questions were mostly behavioral. They started by asking me about my resume and more specific to quantitative experiences. Also, they asked me if there were any difficulties doing such tasks.