Analysis Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Analysis Group Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2017

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

After a phone interview, I was invited onsite to meet managers, associates, a VP, and I was asked to prepare a research presentation. The recruiters were prompt and thorough with communicating necessary information. They made sure everything ran smoothly and that I was comfortable. The people were smart, warm and enthusiastic. I felt like these were not just potential colleagues, but friends. I do hope that we may cross paths again someday, and that speaks volumes for the people at AG.

Ultimately, I did not receive an offer.
    I can look back to assess what I could have done differently if that may help someone else in the future. Giving a presentation added a new element, but I accepted the challenge as an opportunity to share a project I loved working on. In hindsight, I think I chose something too simple in design and analysis. The interview portion was challenging but conversational. I tried to give concrete examples that demonstrated my experience, and how I've overcome challenges and solved problems. There were some questions related to statistical tests and interpreting results that I answered incorrectly, but should have known.

There were a couple last minute changes to my schedule but in the moment, I rolled with it. I was told one individual was "too slammed". This can feel off-putting, but adjustments were made and it worked out. Yet another individual was a substitution who came in flustered, distracted, disengaged. She asked questions in a manner that I could not tell if these were general or specific to my work. I tried to stay positive and adaptive. I have been a hiring manager in the past, and I have been trained to show enthusiasm, be available, undivided, only making subtle checks on time. A number of the people I met with were actively monitoring time or checking their phones, which was a tiny bit distracting. Regardless, I understand the real-time logistics. I respected each individual's time and that each style was different, unscripted, questions flowed to the next.

I accept that there is a better suited candidate for the role, and that I am a better fit elsewhere. I do feel disappointed as I really liked the opportunity and the environment at AG, but I want this review to help others in the future, no matter what side of the process you are on.

Interview Questions

• Describe typical workday, projects, previous experience (as a solo contributor and manager), technical skills, methodology and applications, comparison of data sources, strengths and limitations in working with types of data, types of projects. Describe previous experiences with managers or subordinates that were challenging. Describe statistical techniques and interpretation of findings. Describe experience working in teams, or with clients. All questions were asked in a friendly, congenial way (with exception of one interviewer noted above).   1 Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by an individual with a background very close to mine. He tried to know all the details about my work experience in consulting. He asked technical questions about what I did , why I did that that way, etc. With AG, you need to be well prepared to go into details related to your experiences. It is also necessary to be precise and concise.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The Interview Process lasted about 8 weeks for me. I had an initial interview with an Analyst from the New York Office and was thereafter invited for the SuperDay interviews a week later in the New York Office. The interview consisted of two behavioral interviews with focus on your research-oriented internships along with a simple case interview. I thought my interviews went well but given the small size of the New York office, I wasn't able to get an offer.

However, I was invited to Superday interviews in Boston, which is Analysis Group's HQ. There were four interviews (2 VPs, One Research Analyst, One Recruiting Manager) along with a lunch with an Analyst focusing on teamwork, statistical programming, quantitative projects etc. I felt everyone was extremely friendly through the process and I was really excited about the company in general. Got an email a week later saying they weren't able to make me an offer. Would definitely recommend applying as the the work done by the firm is extremely meaningful and the people at the firm are genuinely friendly.

Interview Questions

• I was rattled by some of the questions asked by one of my interviewer's in Boston. I guess it was probably a strategy to test how well you do under pressure.

Some of the challenging questions ranged from asking in a subtle manner why I has gotten Bs on certain courses and how comfortable I was working to defend clients in lawsuits.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus (Philippines)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Campus (Philippines)) in February 2017.

Interview

on-campus interview, 45 mins, called me in 30 mins late and ended 30 mins late, I applied through campus job board and was offered a 1st round interview. did not receive second round

Economist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview

Around 30 min phone interview with one of their manager in Boston asking technical questions about econometrics, statistics and research followed by case-solving questions which were a bit weird.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Boston, MA).

Interview

I exchanged a few emails with one of the recruiters at the Boston office. She set up a time for me to talk on the phone for a 30 minute interview. I thought this went well and then they asked for another 30 minute phone interview a couple of weeks later. I heard back about a week later that they were making me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions along with a few basic econometric questions (e.g. describe a regression to me).   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not attempt to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

There was first a phone screen, which was conducted by a VP. Was based on fit and was behavioural, but a few Stata commands were asked. Then was invited to Boston for a final round, where a senior analyst, an associate, a VP and an HR person interviewed me with fit and some data questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a data project you've worked on where you have manipulated a substantial dataset?   Answer Question

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

I had my first interview on campus. The interview was 30 minute long with a Senior Analyst and an Associate. The interview flowed very well. Most of the questions are behavioral besides the ones on my research project. I heard back from them two days later about going in their Boston office for a full round of interview. I am still in the interview process and will have that full round tomorrow. It will be 5 hours of 4 30-min-long ones and lunch with Analysts.

Interview Questions

• Why AG? Tell me about your research project and how you analyze the variables and data. Strengths and weaknesses. Weakness in working in a group.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Analysis Group in October 2015.

Interview

Initially I was given a 30 minute phone interview. It was very generic and obvious that they were reading off a prompt. I didn't feel that the interviewer was that interested in speaking to us. Regardless I passed to the final round, where I met 5 employers ranging from an analyst to the vp. I had a terrible experience with I believe an associate who thought it was appropriate to ask me about my race, and then drill me accordingly

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting and received an email for the phone interview about two weeks after I submitted my online application. One analyst and one associate was on the phone for about 30 mins and it was mostly behavioral questions. Then they flew me out to their office where there were six rounds of 30 mins interviews. I met with the VP, two other associates and other analysts. Everyone was pretty friendly, but the associates didn't seem to have much to ask or say. It was mostly me talking and they either looked bored or didn't have any feedback. Then they take you out to lunch where you can ask more questions about the company. I didn't hear back for weeks, then they requested an additional phone interview with another Associate. Then, there was another silence for almost two months. I wrote to them and they never got back to me. Around 2 months after, I received a generic email that I did not get the offer.

Interview Questions

• They give you a scenario of a case that they have been working on and ask you what you would do.   Answer Question