Analysis Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Analysis Group Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2017

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Wellesley, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Company recruited on campus. Asked to send in resume and coverletter. Within a week sent out interview invitations. Day after interview got invited to interview in person or the process stopped.

Associate Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Analysis Group in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and one week later they invite me for interview. I received a call from one of the managers, and it last around 40 minutes. One week later they sent me the final decision.

Interview Questions

• The usual questions like tell me more about yourself and do you have any questions for me. We talked also about my job market paper.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview

Applied online and then was invited to a 30 min phone interview. The phone interview involved general questions on resume (focus on past experiences with data analysis and projects).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The Interview Process lasted about 8 weeks for me. I had an initial interview with an Analyst from the New York Office and was thereafter invited for the SuperDay interviews a week later in the New York Office. The interview consisted of two behavioral interviews with focus on your research-oriented internships along with a simple case interview. I thought my interviews went well but given the small size of the New York office, I wasn't able to get an offer.

However, I was invited to Superday interviews in Boston, which is Analysis Group's HQ. There were four interviews (2 VPs, One Research Analyst, One Recruiting Manager) along with a lunch with an Analyst focusing on teamwork, statistical programming, quantitative projects etc. I felt everyone was extremely friendly through the process and I was really excited about the company in general. Got an email a week later saying they weren't able to make me an offer. Would definitely recommend applying as the the work done by the firm is extremely meaningful and the people at the firm are genuinely friendly.

Interview Questions

• I was rattled by some of the questions asked by one of my interviewer's in Boston. I guess it was probably a strategy to test how well you do under pressure.

Some of the challenging questions ranged from asking in a subtle manner why I has gotten Bs on certain courses and how comfortable I was working to defend clients in lawsuits.
      Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group in February 2017.

Interview

The first round consisted of one 30-minute interview, in which all of the questions were behavioral. The final round consisted of four 30-minute interviews with Vice Presidents, as well as lunch with two Analysts. Most of the questions were behavioral, with some technical questions. There were a few business scenario questions, but no formal case.

Healthcare Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied and then one week later was invited to conduct a phone interview. Phone interview was a brief, standard 30 minute behavioral interview with an analyst. A week later I was invited to come to the Boston office for a round of in-person interviews. The entire interview lasted 4 hours, from 12 pm - 4 pm. First I had lunch with 2 other analysts, which was casual and informative. I was then interviewed by 5 different employees, ranging from analysts to managers to VPs. Everyone was very friendly throughout the process. There was no case interview for the healthcare position. Be prepared to discuss past research in detail since they will grill you on these (goals, methods, interpretation of findings).

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group in February 2017.

Interview

Straight-forward and quick process. First round was a 30 minute phone interview with two analysts (one an alumni of my school). Heard back that I was advancing to the next round within a week. Second round was another 30 minute phone interview with two senior staff (Associate/Manager). Heard back that I received an offer within a week. Both interviews were mainly behavioral questions and past quantitative research experience. Overall very pleasant experience with quick turn around time.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a project where you made significant use of data. What were some challenges?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Analysis Group in February 2017.

Interview

30 minutes on-campus interview. Interviewers were very friendly. They spent 20 minutes asking about resume, research experiences and behavioral questions. Then allowed me to ask questions about the culture. Heard back within a week.

Interview Questions

• Followup questions for research projects. Tell me about a time you worked in a group. They wanted to make sure you understood the work they did.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus (Philippines)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Campus (Philippines)) in February 2017.

Interview

on-campus interview, 45 mins, called me in 30 mins late and ended 30 mins late, I applied through campus job board and was offered a 1st round interview. did not receive second round

Economist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview

Around 30 min phone interview with one of their manager in Boston asking technical questions about econometrics, statistics and research followed by case-solving questions which were a bit weird.