Analysis Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Analysis Group Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I knew an Analyst working in the Boston office that forwarded my information to the recruiters. I also applied online. After a week or two, I was contacted to see if I was interested in the LA office. Another week later, I was scheduled for a 30 minute phone interview with a manager. Fairly basic questions, but stressed why do you want to work at Analysis Group. A week later, I was scheduled for an in person interview at the office. The interview was 5 30 minute one on one interviews with associates, managers, and vice presidents with lunch in between with two analysts. Each interview was fairly informal and focused on past research experiences. I heard exactly a week later.

Interview Questions

• Fairly easy question...Why Analysis Group? Why Economic Consulting? Past research experiences? Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because the pay was very good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

Very laid back and relaxed interview. Met with four interviewers, two VPs, one hiring manager, and one senior analyst. Questions are mostly based on resume and experience, with some basic behavioral questions. Very focused on past research and data analysis experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project that you did and what kinds of data analysis you did on that.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

The interview process was very laid back and relaxed. Final round was an on site interview in Boston. Met with 4 interviewers, two VPs, one hiring manager, and one senior analyst. Most of the questions were based on resume and past experience, also got asked some basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about a specific project you did and what kind of data analysis you did.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Boston, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

First there was a 30 minute interview with an analyst in which they asked about my skill set and resume. Then I came in for an on campus interview where i talked to four people and had lunch after.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Boston, MA).

Interview

Applied through the college and got invited for the on-campus interview. There were two interviewers (usually Senior Analysts) who asked only resume-based questions. Behavioral questions were not that hard but definitely would need lots of practice. Also, focus on past research experiences as typical for econ consulting. My interviewers seemed to be a bit disinterested or bored near the end though.

Analyst(Summer 2016) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Boston, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview with two young (2-3 years out of college) analysts (one of whom was a grad from my school). This was mostly fit questions with a focus on "why economic consulting" and why "AG." Then I got an email saying I had an in-office interview. They paid for my hotel and gas. This interview started with two young analysts taking me out to lunch and giving me a tour of the office. Then I had 4 30-minute interviews with a manager, a VP, a junior analyst, and a recruiter. Lots of questions about "a time you worked in a team" or "a challenge and how you persisted." Also lots on previous experiences from my resume. Know your resume well. Multiple people asked me about previous data analysis experience.

Interview Questions

• Why economic consulting?
      A time you were critiqued and how you reacted to that?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

The first round interview was about 30 minutes and involved a quick dive into my resume and research experience, as well as a few behavioral and fit questions. The final round was a half-day at the local office, where I was interviewed by several people at different levels of the firm. Here, I was asked to take a deeper dive into my research experience, answer a few econometrics questions, and answer a few more behavioral and fit questions. The interview experience also included a lunch at the end with two employees.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your favorite topic from econometrics and explain it as if I don't know any statistics.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Analysis Group in December 2015.

Interview

One round of phone interview with an analyst and an associate. They quickly asked me to go through my backgrounds and asked about my prior research experience. I did not prep for the qualitative research question they brought up so did not make it to the next round.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview

There were two parts: a phone interview and an in-person interview. Both involved answering questions about my past research in school. With the in-person interview, I met with about 10 AG folks, including Associates, Managers, and Partners.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my research. The overall objective was for me to explain my research, the question I asked, and how I conducted my research. The interviewers followed up with clarification questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied through college. After the first round of on-campus interview, I received the second round of onsite interview which is at the Boston Office. The five interviewers are from VP to analyst. You just sit in a conference room and waited for them come by, one after one. All of them take 30 minutes to chat with you, introduce their roles and ask about behavior questions about your experience and your teamwork. After that is a simple lunch and talk with three additional employees. They said that was totally informal but I am not sure if your behavior on the table contributed to the result. Overall very pleasant experience. But as you know, the behavior interviews are something might let you feel good but then when you failed you did not know exactly why. I got rejection after 3 days of the interview. Well, failures built up to success. Keep going.

Interview Questions

• Your resumes, your teamwork experience.... nothing unexpected   1 Answer