Analysis Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Analysis Group Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2017

Analyst(Summer 2016) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Boston, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview with two young (2-3 years out of college) analysts (one of whom was a grad from my school). This was mostly fit questions with a focus on "why economic consulting" and why "AG." Then I got an email saying I had an in-office interview. They paid for my hotel and gas. This interview started with two young analysts taking me out to lunch and giving me a tour of the office. Then I had 4 30-minute interviews with a manager, a VP, a junior analyst, and a recruiter. Lots of questions about "a time you worked in a team" or "a challenge and how you persisted." Also lots on previous experiences from my resume. Know your resume well. Multiple people asked me about previous data analysis experience.

Interview Questions

• Why economic consulting?
      A time you were critiqued and how you reacted to that?
      Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

The first round interview was about 30 minutes and involved a quick dive into my resume and research experience, as well as a few behavioral and fit questions. The final round was a half-day at the local office, where I was interviewed by several people at different levels of the firm. Here, I was asked to take a deeper dive into my research experience, answer a few econometrics questions, and answer a few more behavioral and fit questions. The interview experience also included a lunch at the end with two employees.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your favorite topic from econometrics and explain it as if I don't know any statistics.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Analysis Group in December 2015.

Interview

One round of phone interview with an analyst and an associate. They quickly asked me to go through my backgrounds and asked about my prior research experience. I did not prep for the qualitative research question they brought up so did not make it to the next round.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview

There were two parts: a phone interview and an in-person interview. Both involved answering questions about my past research in school. With the in-person interview, I met with about 10 AG folks, including Associates, Managers, and Partners.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my research. The overall objective was for me to explain my research, the question I asked, and how I conducted my research. The interviewers followed up with clarification questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied through college. After the first round of on-campus interview, I received the second round of onsite interview which is at the Boston Office. The five interviewers are from VP to analyst. You just sit in a conference room and waited for them come by, one after one. All of them take 30 minutes to chat with you, introduce their roles and ask about behavior questions about your experience and your teamwork. After that is a simple lunch and talk with three additional employees. They said that was totally informal but I am not sure if your behavior on the table contributed to the result. Overall very pleasant experience. But as you know, the behavior interviews are something might let you feel good but then when you failed you did not know exactly why. I got rejection after 3 days of the interview. Well, failures built up to success. Keep going.

Interview Questions

• Your resumes, your teamwork experience.... nothing unexpected   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

As described before, standard interview process. Submit Application -> Email from HR to set up interview with Analyst -> Phone Interview -> Fly you to location -> 5 In-person Interviews 30 minutes each. Only frustrating part is waiting after interview. Usually they give out multiple offers, so they have to wait to hear back. But great company, great people.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions. Your last research project (may ask for details). Strengths. Weaknesses. Teamwork. Analytical/Statistical ability.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview

First round was a behavioral phone interview from a current analyst (a senior analyst was supposed to join as well but was not present). A lot of the questions focused on work experience, situational/hypothetical questions, and questions relating to my economics/econometrics background.

This is a job where having some quantitative experience is definitely helpful. The interview himself seemed inexperienced and did not really comment much on my answers. At the end of the interview we talked more about the logistics of the recruitment process, and what I like to do outside of work.

Was not a bad experience but I wish I had some feedback on how my answers were.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you had a disagreement with a manager?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview

Standard behavioral interview on campus. With two analysts with the company. No case. Focused a lot on my past research experience. Lasted about 25 minutes with time for me to ask them questions.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview

There were a lot of behavior questions. For example, what was your strength or weakness. What was your goal? Why do you want to do consulting? Why do you want to do economic consulting?

Analyst Interview

Interview

First interview was on the phone with two interviewers for approximately 45 minutes. The questions were largely behavioral with some case at the end. Fairly straight forward interview. The also asked me about my internships and about current events.

Interview Questions

See What Analysis Group Employees Are Saying

Star Star Star Star Star   Former Senior Analyst in Boston, MA

Pros: “Analysis Group is a great place to develop strong quantitative and qualitative skills. I worked with great managers/VPs who cared about developing talent. I had a lot of room for growth...”“Analysis Group is a great place to develop strong quantitative and qualitative skills. I worked with great managers/VPs who cared about developing talent. I had a lot of room for growth over time - I had opportunities to mentor newer analysts on my case team, contribute to client and expert meetings, and be involved in hiring for the company. The experience set me up well for what I wanted to pursue next. On a different note, Boston is one of the larger offices with a lot of analysts, and Analysis Group does a lot of help everyone to get to know each other. Some of my closest friends are other analysts from my cohort. Overall, I would definitely recommend Analysis Group - great place to learn and grow, and gives you lots of opportunities for whatever comes next in your career.” – Full Review